COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 03-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw1911 View Post
Know what I Despise? I HATE when People do not Give a turn signal when they turn, or give on AFTER They turn, and don't give signal when changing lanes!
That "Thing" on the left of the steering wheel is there for this and it isn't Hard!
Hey , can you ticket that? I am sure you can!
"And now.... back to the original post."

Where I come from (Connecticut)... they don't use the turn signal. They just point at you with one finger as they cut you off.
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 AM
COTEP Member

When they look in their rear view mirror and all they can see is the BIG BLUEoval on the F-350 grille overcrowding their rear view mirror , blinker or not, they’ll squirm out of the way.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
"And now.... back to the original post."
Prius's ARE a pet peeve

When I moved here, it took a while to break me of the habit of using my turn signals. You want to quickly change lanes before the other drivers can cut you off. If you give any advance indication that you are going to change lanes, you will have a helluva time of doing so.

Once they are on to you, then it become really tricky. The best strategy I've found is to floor it, then slam on the brakes and slip in behind them as they zoom past. (provided the next car back isn't in collusion it will usually open a slot) Yesterday I made the mistake of using the turn signal (old habits die hard) and I ended up having to floor it, slam on the brakes, and then floor it again.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 03-10-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

They've passed a law here wherein you have to signal 100 feet before changing lanes. Of course, with oil in the tank, so to speak, I haven't seen much enforcement.

Also, the non-signaling drivers seem to have drifted in from the north.

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Old 03-14-2017, 01:55 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
I always wanted either an M5 or a 7 series. Yes, I have champagne taste on a beer budget.
Well I hate to break it to you bud, but BEEMER don't do them anymore.
The 5 and 7 series have packages but the M family (ground up) are in 2,3,4,6 and X's. Had a 03' M3 been in a 16 M4. An M3 is a rocket and an absolute blast to drive, (you can get into trouble real easy with it) The M4 is a FREEKIN heat seeking missile!!! (turning the key and you're in trouble) it fly's and it don't need wings. All BEEMERS are revlocked at 155, that being said in a M4 or 6 you can get there before you can get un puckered from the seat.
I got to touch one of these once, ever since its been my dream car.
Twin turbo V8 Dinan performance package NO options. 600hp / 0-60 3.6sec / 0- Rev limit in under 10sec. yes 155 in under 10 HOLY SH**T!!! Comes with road Velcro too. 6 Series Alpina B6 TT

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/6series/alpinab6.html

No they wouldn't let me sit in it. Guess they were afraid I might soil the seat or something... Sticker said $134,950.00 or a winning loto ticket...

COTEP 439
Old 03-14-2017, 08:36 AM
COTEP Member

I hate the turn signal thing, but what irks me more is when someone is turning, and the think they're in a semi truck and have to swerve toward the next lane over in order to make the turn. As if regular passenger cars and trucks are incapable of handling the normal turn radius of DOT-standard roadway design. You're not driving a friggin' tractor-trailer rig so stop pretending to. And when you swerve toward me in the next lane, you just about scare the crap out of me, so don't whine when I hit the horn.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:01 PM
COTEP Member

My pet peeve is people with pet peeves.
Can't stand em.
COTEP#782
Old 03-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse'nround View Post
Well I hate to break it to you bud, but BEEMER don't do them anymore.
The 5 and 7 series have packages but the M family (ground up) are in 2,3,4,6 and X's. Had a 03' M3 been in a 16 M4. An M3 is a rocket and an absolute blast to drive, (you can get into trouble real easy with it) The M4 is a FREEKIN heat seeking missile!!! (turning the key and you're in trouble) it fly's and it don't need wings. All BEEMERS are revlocked at 155, that being said in a M4 or 6 you can get there before you can get un puckered from the seat.
I got to touch one of these once, ever since its been my dream car.
Twin turbo V8 Dinan performance package NO options. 600hp / 0-60 3.6sec / 0- Rev limit in under 10sec. yes 155 in under 10 HOLY SH**T!!! Comes with road Velcro too. 6 Series Alpina B6 TT

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/6series/alpinab6.html

No they wouldn't let me sit in it. Guess they were afraid I might soil the seat or something... Sticker said $134,950.00 or a winning loto ticket...
When did they drop the M5? Bashtahds.......
Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
When did they drop the M5? Bashtahds.......
This year I think. It became an option package on the sedan. Engine performance upgrade and badges, no suspension changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
My pet peeve is people the have pet peeves with people with pet peeves.

That and the arse holes that will drive 54.5 on a two lane highway marked SPEED LIMIT 55, and then cruise up to 65 in the passing lanes.

Mortar tube mounted on the brushguard... Saddle up behind'em in the passing lane and put one through the back window!

COTEP 439
Old 03-23-2017, 11:33 PM
COTEP Member

I don't get the hate on the Prius. Whatever happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if happiness is a Prius? If your happiness is an F350 rolling coal then roll on 'Murica! My happiness is driving my Insight and saving a ton of money on gas and insurance.

I have a Pilot and an Insight which is a close cousin (a much better looking cousin) of the Prius. I used to have a 325i that got 24 mpg and was paid for. I sold it, leased the Insight for $200/month. I lived in Miami and drove 50 miles to work 5 days a week. Gas was &4/gal. The Insight got 45-47mpg. So I was saving $8-9 a day in gas which was real close to the car payment. So essentially the car paid for itself in fuel savings. End of the lease I walked in and paid it off in cash. Best decision ever. 10 gallon fuel tank gets filled up once every 2-3 weeks. Then when you add the gas card coupon Publix runs every month that saves $10 off a $50 gas card our monthly gas bill for both cars is between $80-$100 a month. That may be a weeks worth of fuel for some of the trucks out there. Love my Insight, and more power to being able to have the freedom to pick whatever car/truck/motorcycle you want! That is MAGA!