COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols

Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 AM
COTEP Member

I picked one up on Gunbroker about 3 weeks ago. I have very large hands so it is not a natural pointer for me, yet. It is tiny in all dimensions and indeed feels more like a kids toy gun when you pick it up than a 1911. Function is great Even with the 4.25" barrel it is only 17 ounces. Accuracy at self defense distances is surprising. I have a standing order for the short barrel version when they are shipped in June. I am that impressed with it. Look for Browning 1911 380. Fit and finish is about on par with other 1911's at the price point. Jim is right, it is fun and it is easy to carry. It is ground breaking with a lot of Tupperware content but function, handling and controls are ALL right up our 1911 alley.
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Last edited by pony up; 03-05-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:02 AM
COTEP Member

What I have been looking for is the Black Label Compact. Talked to my gun guy yesterday and he said there is not even a bar code in the order form from Browning yet for the gun. Has anyone actually seen one, other than a picture???? Would love to get my hands on one but I am not sure they have even released it yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Visit Us on Penguin's Grips Website @ https://www.penguinsgrips.us
Visit Us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/penguinsgrips
Visit Us on Etsy @ https://www.etsy.com/shop/PenguinsGrips

"If you can read this, thank a Teacher........If you are reading it in English, thank a VET"
Old 04-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I don't think they have released the Black Label Compacts in 380 yet. Don't know about the state of the compact 22s, I haven't seen one either.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 04-03-2016, 12:03 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
What I have been looking for is the Black Label Compact. Talked to my gun guy yesterday and he said there is not even a bar code in the order form from Browning yet for the gun. Has anyone actually seen one, other than a picture???? Would love to get my hands on one but I am not sure they have even released it yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Penguin, Browning customer service told me a month ago that they are starting production of the compact and will have the first shipment in June and a follow up in July. Dennis
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.