COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > COTEP Craftsmen > Panther Concealment

Old 03-01-2015, 05:21 PM
COTEP Member

Default PANTHER PARTY! (A long overdue post on perfection!)

Hi All,

Big shout out to Jim (Jim45) and scott (Rvrctyrngr) for their quality work in providing me with some awesome, no OUTSTANDING knife sheaths and holsters over the years!

Sorry for the long read...

My first was a IWB F-series for my Ruger SR9c which went to the new owner once I sold that pistol. That was the best IWB holster I have ever owned to date, and served me well during the time I owned that particular pistol. Customer service from the get-go was paramount here, as I believe due to some personal preferences on carry style, they reworked, or completely made a new holster for me, for the carry style I needed. (no cookie cutter designs here, it was made to perfection to my personal style of carry!)

(I do have pics of this holster somewhere, and I'll post them as soon as I come across them)

I next acquired a sheath for my Spyderco Street Bowie, and that turned that knife into a very workable EDC, but before I could start carrying it, I ran into some financial issues, and Howard (Xbonz) was nice enough to buy the knife/sheath from me to help with some mounting bills due to some health issues at the time.

Some time after that, I was both blessed and honored to have the very same setup (Spyderco Street Bowie with Panther Concealment sheath) sent to me via a private karma from Andy (edgehill). Andy had won a nice Laredo Bowie Karma from Mike Lutz (jmlutz) and payed it forward on several levels by offering up a great follow up Karma to All (A red dot sight if I remember correctly) and the private karma to me...

During the time up to, and after receiving the karma from Andy, I was also in communication with Howard who offered to sell me my old setup for what he paid me for it. Another awesome gesture from a fellow COTEP Brother which I eventually took him up on as I wanted a backup, and set that one up for weak side carry. Since the day I received the private karma from Andy, I have worn that blade almost every single day, without fail. (and the other when weak side carry was in order, sometimes both!)

Onto my 4th Panther acquisition, a "Pocket Cub" pocket holster for my Sig P938. I had been pocket carrying with a blackhawk slip in holster that did work well, but after receiving the Pocket Cub, I never looked back, and have been utilizing that one for quite some time now. Retention, trigger protection, conceal-ability, and draw from the pocket are second to none, it just plain works, and very well I might add.

I had always wanted to carry my Sig 1911 OWB, and knew that Panther was the way to go, and when they finally had the ability to make that holster once they acquired the blue gun for it, I went for it. I am still trying to get used to OWB carry with a decent size pistol like the 1911, but so far it has performed flawlessly, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the job they did for me. (They saw to it that I was happy, yet again re-working or redoing the holster due to some cant preferences I needed)

Onto my 6th and most recent Panther Concealment rig, a Commodore sheath for my Cold Steel Laredo Bowie. My awesome Wife purchased the knife for me for my recent Birthday, and I could not stand the POS sheath it came with. (Secure-Ex something or other...) I knew an inquiry to Panther was in order. I gave Jim the go ahead once I secured funds from a sale of some goods I had to barter for money, and Jim went right to work, I received that work of art in around a weeks time. It BLEW ME AWAY once I unpacked it from the box, it was truly as I said, a work of art... It was amazing the job he did there on that sheath, and the customer service with both Jim and scott was again, the best ever! Due to some minor variances in production blades, my sheath was a tad tight, but scott had me fixed in mere minutes, with a couple phone calls and some small effort on my part, it was smooth as butter on the draw!

I cannot say enough nice things about this company, and the fine folks that work very hard to turn out the very best in Kydex PERIOD! Jim and scott, you guys ROCK, and I will ALWAYS grab a Panther Concealment product for my holster and sheath needs, past, present, and in the future!

My apologies for the terrible pictures, they do not do the products justice, you need to see them in person to understand the quality and beauty of their work!

All my best to All!

-scott
- G. K. Chesterton
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sstpierre For This Useful Post:
Caleb (03-01-2015), jmlutz (03-01-2015), Lonestar grips. (03-01-2015), milkmanjoe (03-02-2015), MPDC (03-01-2015), NAMVET72 (03-01-2015), sdmc530 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 05:25 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts

Awesome write up Scot t. Panther does make some excellent quality rigs (I too am an owner)
Old 03-01-2015, 05:35 PM
COTEP Member

Some things to add:

The above post was re-posted at "another" site, slightly edited of course, Howard and Andy, let me know if you need me to edit it further over there...

Grips on the Sig 1911 were made by , and I cannot say enough about how they look and feel on that gun! does some outstanding work, I wish I owned more by him! Dare I say it makes it feel like it's closer to a DW, just because it adds that level of awesomeness to the pistol! I won these in a very generous Karma from !

I'm still awkwardly trying to figure out the carry method for the Laredo Bowie, 10-1/2" of blade, and almost 16" overall is more than I ever thought would be sitting in my trousers It will take some getting used to for sure!
- G. K. Chesterton

Last edited by sstpierre; 03-01-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,292 Times in 337 Posts

Great write up!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM
COTEP Member

That's a sweet story.

Nice blades.

Everyone knows how much I love my pink panther gear
Old 03-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

Yep Panther does some great work
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 03-01-2015, 07:20 PM
COTEP Member

LOL, agree "also known as Mad Max".

Also known as "King Richard" agrees too!
COTEP #744
Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 PM
COTEP Member

Panther, sick of hearing about those guys... Lol, I own two of their holsters, IWB f series and OWB. Love them, especially the iwb
Old 03-01-2015, 09:38 PM
COTEP Member

Thank you Scot t, you are too kind! We appreciate letting us build for you!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:35 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Great write up, . Nice hardware.