COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG247 (Navy-Ret) View Post
Exactly Sir! No one cares about the Men and Women who devoted their lives to defending Freedom and our way of live. The men and women who suffer everyday with disabilities, injuries and loss of life. What happened to the VA story?

Yet the world stops for an Actor!!!! Who in all respects was on top of the world looking down at us mere mortals. Certainly he was a Millionaire and Famous. Poor guy had it so tough. Really? Sorry but I have no sympathy for this. Sure he was a good comedian and I enjoyed watching his Movies/Shows. But I sure as hell am not going to weep a single tear for someone who has it all and is still not enough for them.

Sorry if I offend any of you. Not my intention. He did take his own life. So exactly why should we feel sorry for him? He took the cowards path, the selfish path. Obviously could care less about anyone else but himself.

Rant over.......
Don't see any rant here.....legitimate points made, why I brought it up. We currently live in a backwards society where doing wrong and lying is rewarded and helping out and being honest is chastised. Like the world went to opposites. After WWII, GI's coming home got parades...then GI's returning from Vietnam got spit on, and one cowardly Vietnam vet even to be our current Secretary of State while having a net worth of 190 Million$ and spewing income equality. So, we reward the popular and leave the soldier unnoticed.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:54 PM
COTEP Member

I have to agree with Joe. And also with an article I just read on this.

Here's a quote from that article:

Quote:
Happiness and contentment are not found in our talents, our money, our luxuries, or our reputations. If wealthy, brilliant, beloved people tell us anything when they murder themselves, it must be that.
Read more at http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/08/...e-died-choice/
Old 08-12-2014, 02:31 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
I have to agree with Joe. And also with an article I just read on this.

Here's a quote from that article:

Yup, the less crap I owned and the more freedom I had was when my stress level was lowest. With very little money I slept in a Volkswagen, had cold beer, chicks galore.....it's what you make of life, gotta be careful between the ears. Anybody can be sad, or happy, regardless of what they have.

Robin Williams was found in a partially seated positon with a belt around his neck, the end of the belt scrunched between a closed door and the door frame. His wrists had small cuts from a pocketknife found there. Rigor had already set in. He had the world by the nuts and this is how he died. It's all between the ears.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:18 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Yup, the less crap I owned and the more freedom I had was when my stress level was lowest. With very little money I slept in a Volkswagen, had cold beer, chicks galore.....it's what you make of life, gotta be careful between the ears. Anybody can be sad, or happy, regardless of what they have.

Robin Williams was found in a partially seated positon with a belt around his neck, the end of the belt scrunched between a closed door and the door frame. His wrists had small cuts from a pocketknife found there. Rigor had already set in. He had the world by the nuts and this is how he died. It's all between the ears.
That's another way to express my sig line, "the mind is the limiting factor" Joe

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 08-12-2014, 04:01 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
That's another way to express my sig line, "the mind is the limiting factor" Joe
Exactly.....Thanks for pointing that out!

Old 08-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG247 (Navy-Ret) View Post

Sorry if I offend any of you. Not my intention. He did take his own life. So exactly why should we feel sorry for him? He took the cowards path, the selfish path. Obviously could care less about anyone else but himself.

Rant over.......

Not saying that the world should stop because of his death, but that's how the world reacts to famous people nowadays.

I lost a nephew to depression and addiction 5 years ago. Yes, it was selfish but that was HIS solution. Not saying it was the right one, but people sometimes don't have the tools to deal with life on life's terms.

Obviously, you have never suffered through alcohol or drug addiction.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:20 PM
COTEP Member

The man gave of his time to USO tours and coordinated comedy shows to raise funds for the homeless. So he was a millionaire. Money can't buy happiness.

It also can't buy class. I'm not sure what pleasure you folks get out of speaking ill of the dead, but it's ugly, coldhearted and petty.

Oh well, I never really fit in here anyway.

CBOB0715
Old 08-12-2014, 05:44 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in GA View Post
The man gave of his time to USO tours and coordinated comedy shows to raise funds for the homeless. So he was a millionaire. Money can't buy happiness.

It also can't buy class. I'm not sure what pleasure you folks get out of speaking ill of the dead, but it's ugly, coldhearted and petty.

Carl, ultimately he is being remembered on multiple newscasts, for his suicide. Nobody said he was a terrible person in life. I have dealt with one friend's suicide. She was an addict. She didn't have multiple resources to get help. Or she was too proud to ask friends, don't know. Left an open note on facebook..."I just want you to know I love you"....5AM on a weekday two years ago.....I was up, answered..."I knew it!!!", thinking she was being cute. She was bleeding out in a bathtub in New Jersey, that was her last message. Different circumstances create different reactions is all. I generally get pissed off at people who have a good life and piss it away when others have it so much worse off. I think being homeless in my early teens ingrained that in me.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in GA View Post

Thank you for remembering him for the positive things, unlike many others have.

You're my Georgia buddy, of course you fit in here.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

When my stepbrother killed himself, it didn't make the national news either...that has no bearing on this. The man had talent, and demons got him in the end. Does not diminish his humanity or contributions he made. Let's leave it at that...no one else's death has any bearing on the thread
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Closed Thread