COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 10-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Arrow LMT 308 MWS complete BCG???

Alright, I have been looking around and wondering where or if I can get a spare complete BCG for my LMT 308 MWS.

LMT does not have them posted on there website, they have all kinds of there 5.56 and 6.8 BCG's. I haven't called LMT yet but my guess is they probably won't sell just the BCG for the 308 yet. I ended up replacing my Buffer tube, (long story but I had issues getting the Castle nut off to install a Noveske QD end plate) I didn't completely ruin my old buffer tube but let's just say I wanted a brand new one (I'm pretty anal about certain things) and finding certain factory parts for the LMT 308 MWS is kinda dificult so I called LMT and they wouldnt sell me just the buffer tube . So I ended up having to purchase a complete rear end assembly (Buffer Tube, H3 Buffer, SOPMOD Buttstock, castle nut and end plate "no spring") $300 but it worked out, I got my brand new LMT buffer tube and this also gave me an extra SOPMOD Buttstock which I needed for my Daniel Defense M4. Also I now have a spare H3 Buffer...
Anyways this is why I have a feeling they won't sell me just the complete BCG. But I am not sure like I said I haven't called yet. I will call them this week.

BUT my question here is has anyone else found anywhere to purchase a BCG for the LMT 308 or a BCG that will work in the LMT 308 MWS? I was wondering if Armalites AR-10s BCG's would work? Or someone else's that I can get my hands on. I thought about the DPMS 308 BCG's but I think (I may be wrong) that the DPMS Bolt carrier is a bit shorter than the LMT.

I don't know I just want a spare complete Bolt and Carrier for my LMT308MWS....
Anyone have any experience on this subject??? It's hard to find results on the net as well. I am not too sure why LMT won't sell certain parts of the 308 MWS yet, my thoughts are they are still improving certain parts and trying to keep up with the demand of the weapon.

Thanks,

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here you go Ryan, try this link:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Searc...x=9&Search.y=3

Let me know?

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Spoke to LMT sales today. I was informed that they are working to have the 308MWS BCG available in around 60 days. LMT states it will cost about 1/3rd the price of the entire rifle due to manufacturing costs and the materials that it is made out of.

LMT suggested Knights Armament and you can use the SR25 BCG in the 308MWS

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

........and if the SR25 bolt carrier group is usable, then as far as I know the Fulton Armory BCG should be compatible.

If the Fulton BCG is compatible, then the DPMS is also compatible.

If the DPMS is compatible, then the Armalite is also compatible.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that LaRue's will also work.

That should give lots of options.....which is great in my book.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpawmark View Post
Spoke to LMT sales today. I was informed that they are working to have the 308MWS BCG available in around 60 days. LMT states it will cost about 1/3rd the price of the entire rifle due to manufacturing costs and the materials that it is made out of.

LMT suggested Knights Armament and you can use the SR25 BCG in the 308MWS
Thanks for the info and making the call to LMT (I didn't get a chance yet). I figured they wouldn't sell just the BCG.... Since they wouldn't sell me just a simple buffer tube for the 308 MWS.

I think them saying it's going to cost about 1/3 of what the rifle costs is . This is a very nice rifle and those of us who have dropped the cash on these things become loyal fans of LMT and promote the hell out of LMT and the 308 MWS. I figured it would cost a lot since it's new and they are just going to be coming out with it and well where else can you get a LMT BCG for the 308 MWS.....
That just makes me a little mad. Considering by there pricing the MWSE with the CL barrel retails for $2826.66 and the MWSF with stainless barrel retails for $3362.79, so would this mean they are planning on charging around $1000.00 for a LMT BCG? That's just down right

Ok I'm done... For now. Thanks again Southpaw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
........and if the SR25 bolt carrier group is usable, then as far as I know the Fulton Armory BCG should be compatible.

If the Fulton BCG is compatible, then the DPMS is also compatible.

If the DPMS is compatible, then the Armalite is also compatible.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that LaRue's will also work.

That should give lots of options.....which is great in my book.

thanks ,

Yea I have read that the SR25 BCG would probably work and I have read and figured that if the SR25 worked then the DPMS BCG would probably work so thanks for adding some more suggestions so I can start pricing.

I haven't had a chance to look up pricing for how much these other brand BCG's cost but I am sure some like the SR-25 are a bit expensive too...? I will start looking around for where to purchase these other brand BCGs and how much they are running..

I really wanted a brand new BCG from LMT for my LMT , really I just want a spare and I was curious to see what if any changes the new ones have - compared to mine even though mine should be one of the new ones. But all the reading I have been doing on the LMT 308 MWS BCGs and how many changes it has gone through I am starting to wonder. I know I have the latest version of the Carrier but Most places I have read, the latest version of the Bolt has 2 ejectors in it but mine only has one and it is brand new sent from the factory a bit over 2 months ago.

It doesn't matter really because I am NOT experiencing any carrier tilt and my BCG and all parts associated are running perfect. I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE SINGLE MALF WITH MY LMT308MWS- no FTF, FTE nothing. I even neglected it for the first 400 to 500 rounds by not cleaning out the Carrier and the Bolt and it never even gave me any trouble, although I now wish I would have cleaned it after every range trip but hey at least I know the thing will keep on running after some abuse.

Why I said I wish I would have cleaned it after every range trip from the beginning is because it took me hours to clean all the built up carbon and debris that was on the bolt and in the carrier and truthfully I never really got ALL of the built up carbon out of the carrier (down in the corners by the gas hole, were the gas comes into the carrier).
You know what, I will just take a couple pics and post them so you guys can see what I am talking about, I want to get all of the left over Carbon out and am trying to find something that will maybe break that stuff up with out to much More trouble. I just have a little carbon build up left so I am now making this sound like it's more than it is but I want an easy way to make the inside of the BCG look brand new after every cleaning . I have some stuff that i haven't tried yet and well I forget the name and I am not at my house but its brushless bore cleaner and you spray it in and it foams up and your suppose to let it sit for about an hour to 1 1/2 hours and just wipe off. I am wondering if this stuff will work ok to get the remaining Carbon build up (hard to get build up).

Ok, sorry guys I am rambling on now and basically writing a book. Sorry I have been working nights and days so lately I have been a walking zombie so sorry for such a long reply.

I will look into the other BCGs like the SR25 and DPMS...etc and see where to purchase and pricing. I just want to be sure the thing will work like a direct drop in replacement and not cause any damage or have issues like carrier tilt or excessive wear in my rifle...etc. You guys know what I'm talking about.

Again sorry for the long book I wrote for a reply and thank you guys for your replies and help with everything.... I will post pics of my BCG and bolt face, maybe Southpaw can tell me if his bolts look the same or different.
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 10-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Don't know if this helps any, but I dipped my BCG in an container with brake parts cleaner and it attacked all the carbon buildup, used a fine nylon bristle brush and it worked out just fine.

I'll wait for your pics for comparison against my BCG.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

If I were shopping for a BCG, I wouldn't choose DPMS. It'd be like putting the motor from a Ford into a Aston Martin. If the SHTF it's good to know it could be used in an emergency if there's a failure and an LMT isn't available.

LMt's AR bolt carrier groups (I've got one in my Mega, and it's definitely a great part) aren't any more expensive than BCM or DD, so I doubt it'll be that much more expensive than a Fulton Armory 308 Titan BCG, which is $289 complete and chromed.

Last edited by Grizzman; 10-18-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: initial price listed was for the wrong BCG
Old 10-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrockabilly View Post

BUT my question here is has anyone else found anywhere to purchase a BCG for the LMT 308 or a BCG that will work in the LMT 308 MWS? I was wondering if Armalites AR-10s BCG's would work? Or someone else's that I can get my hands on. I thought about the DPMS 308 BCG's but I think (I may be wrong) that the DPMS Bolt carrier is a bit shorter than the LMT.
My DMPS bolt carrier is 7 14/16" long. The diameter of the carrier at the tail is .930". I can bring it with me tomorrow to see if it will properly fit. I may take a few photos of it later on today.

Last edited by Grizzman; 10-19-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

So if the LMT 308 MWS is complete where is the pics of it.................