COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 04-23-2016, 05:33 PM
COTEP Member

Default Walmart .22 Questions

So I scored some .22 short at two different Walmarts today. At both of them I was asked if I "planned to use this ammo in a handgun?" First guy had no idea why he had to ask, it popped up on his cashier screen. Lady at the second store said they now have to keep tabs for the government, but she was a typical Walmart loon. I knew she was telling me whatever she felt like saying. Has anyone else been asked about their ammo at Walmart? I only bought .22 shorts, am gonna try some .308 next week, see if they ask.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
The Following User Says Thank You to milkmanjoe For This Useful Post:
sdmc530 (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Yes because you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo but only 18 to buy rifle. That must be federal law or something. Happens to me in MN and here in SD. They have to put in bday here to ring uou up
Old 04-23-2016, 06:25 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Yes because you have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo but only 18 to buy rifle. That must be federal law or something. Happens to me in MN and here in SD. They have to put in bday here to ring uou up
I never was asked in decades of buying Walmart ammo.....till today. And of all things for .22 short. My daughter has a .22 bolt rifle that is whisper quiet with CCI .22 short lead rounds. I guess buying ammo age has finally hit south Florida. I will check South Carolina next week. Was never asked there, either.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 04-23-2016, 11:15 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

I have never been asked that question....then again, our Wally Worlds don't sell ammo.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

The few times they have not asked they just put in a date on their registers. You have to pay in the sporting section here too. I only ever buy .22 there and its rare so not sure how store to store varies.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:09 AM
COTEP Member

Asked of those under 21 at the shop buying ammo that may be used in a pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 04-24-2016, 11:03 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Never have been asked that question at wally world, I have been carded tho.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:35 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
The few times they have not asked they just put in a date on their registers. You have to pay in the sporting section here too. I only ever buy .22 there and its rare so not sure how store to store varies.
Same here regarding paying for ammo at the sporting goods section. Here in Fl they just bag the ammo, up in SC they bag the ammo/receipt and tape it shut.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:59 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Same here regarding paying for ammo at the sporting goods section. Here in Fl they just bag the ammo, up in SC they bag the ammo/receipt and tape it shut.
No doubt because, you know; a plastic bag and some tape will stop a criminal dead in their tracks!

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:19 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
No doubt because, you know; a plastic bag and some tape will stop a criminal dead in their tracks!
I know.....never thought much about it till now....am gonna ask why when I go back in a few weeks. It's also "fun-ny" that Walmart still rarely has .22 when online stores have tons of it. Well, I guess people are still paying gunshow prices for Walmart ammo.