COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 04-27-2011, 02:49 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I tried to like .380 and I tried to like the 238...but I just can't. Love Sigs and have several, but just not feeling it. Sorry.

John Harrison/Les Baer
2009 Valor #46 COTEP 184
Springfield TRP 10mm RMR
Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The P238 is a great little weapon. My wife and I both have one. Actually I bought myself the first one and my wife liked it so much she claimed it, so now I have two. It's very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. My keltec 3AT now rests in the safe.

Bob
Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Oak,
I hear you. We all have our likes and dislikes.

I shot a friend's Ruger LCP and I wouldn't own one unless it was the only firearm on earth. I disliked everything about it, but tens of thousands have sold so somebody thinks they're great.

Retired Navy, Life Member Disabled American Vets, NRA, TSRA, GOA, Admiral Texas Navy, COTEP# 251
Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I hear you. They are very popular and I'm sure Sig does a fine job.

John Harrison/Les Baer
2009 Valor #46 COTEP 184
Springfield TRP 10mm RMR
Old 06-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchor44 View Post
Oak,
I hear you. We all have our likes and dislikes.

I shot a friend's Ruger LCP and I wouldn't own one unless it was the only firearm on earth. I disliked everything about it, but tens of thousands have sold so somebody thinks they're great.
I feel you on that comment. I actually bought a RUGER LCP when they came out then I even put a CT laser on it. Other than being nice and lite in my pocket I hated the dang thing. Very heavy trigger pull the sites are horrible (well there really are no sites) even after I put the CT laser on it and added a pinky extension to one of my mags I still hated the thing so I sold it.

But your right people bought and are still buying them things like crazy. I can't stand them but to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
I hear you. They are very popular and I'm sure Sig does a fine job.

Yea like I said above to each his own I guess. I have gone through a lot of pocket pistols (380's) and yea I still battle with do I like the 380 round or don't I. Well like someone already mentioned in my mind it's better to have a nice 380 than to not have anything at all. I don't think I would go any smaller in caliber for a personal defense gun.

Anyways everyone has there likes and dislikes.

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Here is my Sig P238 SAS edition

Wow I need to keep looking through this forum more, I have been missing out on some good threads.

Anyways I too have fell in love with the little Sig P238. I purchased there very basic model (two tone with the ugly grey fluted grips and no night sights...etc) when they first started to become available in local gun shops. It was a great little shooter nice crisp trigger and all in all the little gun shot very well. Well I ended up trading that gun for something else mainly because I knew I wanted a newer and different model of the p238 and would get one someday soon after.

Anyways I wont keep rambling about that older one let's get to my new one that I really love.
Actually I purchased this one just a few months ago. I went out to purchase the all Black Nitron version they have with the night sights already on the gun...etc Well I ended up buying the Sig P238 SAS edition (for those who don't know the SAS edition has the carry melt treatment done to it) and it supposably comes out of there custom shop.
For being a little Mini 1911 style pistol this gun is 100 percent. The SAS edition I purchased is very well made, the carry melt treatment is a nice touch, the SigLite night sights are very nice and the Sig Sauer wood grips are actually pretty nice too. I was very surprised after buying this gun and taking it home and checking out the night sights - they are Very bright.

The function of the gun, just like my older one is very top notch and I have not had one failure of any kind shooting this little guy. I really love this gun.

One other thing is I too have no problems carrying cocked and locked in my pocket or IWB. I have read nothing but bad comments in other forums about having to carry this type of "pocket pistol" cocked and locked "Condition one" inside a pocket. Most people are not really willing to do it but I feel that this pistol and it's functions are just fine for carrying cocked and locked inside my pocket in a pocket holster or in a IWB holster.

Ok here are a couple of pics I have already but I think I need to take more so I will end up posting a couple more later. I am a little jealous - everyone here seams to have nice custom grips but I am still running the stock Sig wood grips which I think are actually pretty nice. I will eventually want to get some from Sarge. Anyways here it's is =

Sorry for the green sticky over the serial, I took this picture a while ago to post on another site and really didn't want my serial out there.

I will try and post some better pics later and next time I hit the range I will do a range report and take some pics.

Thanks,
-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Ryan,

Do you find yourself carrying your P238 more than your Kahr PM9? Just curious

Eschew Tupperware!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald1 View Post
Ryan,

Do you find yourself carrying your P238 more than your Kahr PM9? Just curious

Actually yes. I use to carry my Kahr PM9 everywhere but once I bought this new P238 if I am in a situation where my new CCO is just a little much I carry the P238. The PM9 has just sat in the safe for a couple of months now. I am almost always wearing cargo pants or shorts and the P238 inside the DeSantis Nemisis or Galco leather pocket holster just fits in my front pocket perfect. I do have a DeSantis Pocket holster for my Kahr PM9 but in my opinion at least for me it's a little big for my pocket. When I carry my PM9 I carry it in a cheap blackhawk IWB holster that fits it perfect and I carry appendix position and I can't really tell its there. I sometimes carry my P238 appendix position as well if my pockets are to full.

I have probably been picking the P238 to carry over the PM9 because of it's 1911 style and all alloy frame...etc

Don't get me wrong for a DA only striker fire little polymer 9mm (Kahr PM9) I really like it. It's very small, slim and reliable which is great for conceal carry. And I think the Kahr pistols have some of the nicest DA triggers IMO. I also Have the little Kahr P380 and it is just as smooth and is very accurate, it's a little smaller and lighter than the P238 but I have been trying to stick to the 1911 style gun just to keep up with my muscle memory...etc.

WELL, sorry I know this is just a bunch of my thoughts and ramblings. I am not sure if this helped answer your question . Are you thinking of getting a PM9 or just wondering my preference.
I am sure I will still bounce between the 2 in different situations they are both great guns. But hey I just love 1911's and the style of the small P238. I wish someone would figure out how To make something like the 238 but maybe a little bit bigger (not much) but have it chambered in 9mm.

-Ryan S
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I still only have 2 of the 6 round mags. I really need to break down and find one or some of those new Xgrip 7round mags.
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Sig 238

I bought my Sig 238 for easier concealed carry. I carry in in a pocket holster. At the range, I did have several stovepipe's with winchester whitebox (Walmart), but not so much now. Overall, I am happy with it, for what it is.

Best wishes,

[IMG][/IMG]
NRA Member
:stand: