COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Reloading Bench

Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanks for the info Mike, I will now begin my search to locate one. My everyday carry holster is a DeSantis Speed Scabbard!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

Hey Padre and a few others you HOARD to much .................. lol lol

Old 05-16-2015, 08:42 PM
COTEP Member

Default My Mess

Got my 2 beloved Lyman Turrets an Old Piggyback that works better than when new and a 2000 for quick Caliber change and faster Production and of course the rest of the Mess Every where

Someday when I,m feeling froggy I,ll get Pics of my whole corrupt mess I have around Here from MY casting OP to the Sizing OP to the Finish
What a Mess
By the Way all the drawers on the Dresser actually function or is that Funktion

DOGG!!!
Survivors
Will be Shot Again!!!

Last edited by reddoggm; 05-16-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

No luck so far finding a DeSantis counter mat!! I thought one would suddenly just show up in my mailbox!!!

Nice set-up you have there DOGG!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 11-09-2015, 07:23 PM
COTEP Member

Default re-purpose an old work desk I built

Its the start of getting back into the reloading. I cant for the life of me get these pics to rotate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0838.JPG (54.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 07:30 PM
COTEP Member

Here you go ...

COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:28 PM
COTEP Member

Thank You
Old 01-03-2017, 12:19 PM
COTEP Member

Thought I would add pictures of mine.

I picked the bench up from Harbor Freight. It measures 5' wide by 20" deep and has a wood jaw vice and a storage shelf under that is 4' wide and 18" deep. A nice setup for $139.99. The bench came with four good sized drawers. The two on the left hold realoading stuff, the two on the right hold cleaning and gunsmithing tools.

I wanted the bench set up so I could either reload or work on guns. Since presses need to be mounted securely, I made the reloading press mount removable. Platform is made of two pieces of 3/4" plywood glued together. Before gluing the top piece on, I glued and screwed pieces of wood in a 'L' shape so it self centers on the vice jaw.

Sanded the platform and applied a walnut stain, followed by a few coats of polyurethane to seal it.

Added cork tiles to the wall behind the bench. Handy for hanging stuff like VMD charts. It also keeps cleaning chemicals and oil from splashing on the wall, which keeps CINCHouse happy.

Added a 4' x 8' rubber backed carpet mat under the bench for the same reason - at least until I get around to tiling the room.

The two lights on the bench were picked up at WalMart or Target for less than $20 each. The Floor lamp has a LED bulb. Plenty of light that I can move or adjust as needed.

General shot, Lee classic turret press, powder measure and a digital scale. Powder measure stand is lag screwed to the reloading platform, as is the Lee press mount.

Closer shot -

Ready to break the platform down so I can work on a rifle. Scale Removed.

Press Removed. Lee Press mount visible. Clearly shows where the vice grips the wood pieces mounted to the platform to secure it.

Press is stored on the shelf, you can see the press handle in the lower left of the photo.

Press Platform removed. You can see the wood bolted to the bottom that fits in the vise. To mount it, all I do is line it up with the bench and tighten vise.

Powder measure removed from stand.

Underside of the platform. Gaps in the wood clear the wormscrew and guide rods on the vice. As you can see, I went a little crazy with the glue.

Reloading platform stowed next to the bench.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:54 PM
COTEP Member

I have that very same bench that I use for working on my guns as well, set-up looks great, you've given me some ideas.
Question:
While going through the loading stages does the bench move around much or does it stay put?
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:59 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
I have that very same bench that I use for working on my guns as well, set-up looks great, you've given me some ideas.
Question:
While going through the loading stages does the bench move around much or does it stay put?
It doesn't move much, but it does move. I am considering mounting a board to the wall, then securing the bench to the board - probably with threaded rod and wingnuts so it can be moved for cleaning etc.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.