Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

hoppies
http://www.hoppes.com/global/customer-service/videos
COTEP CCO0617
Eufaula, Alabama
Isaiah 6:8-10. 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

And yet another one!!!

http://youtu.be/kAJhNw8Pf8g

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 01-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Xxxxx

Last edited by JimF4M1s; 05-14-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

It's really "Hoople's" #9. And here's the story behind it:

Many years ago, there was a train that traveled from the West Coast to the East Coast. It was called the Old Cross Country #9. Well, one day, the engineer; one Mott D. Hoople (name has been translated over the years as Mott THE Hoople, but the records indicate that his middle name was DaWayne, so Mott D. Hoople would be correct).

ANYWAYS.... this engineer, Mott D. Hoople was merrily washing down the mighty Old #9 while singing his greatest hits (which included All the way from Memphis, Honolucia Boogie and two really weird ones; "Hymn for the Dudes" and "All the Young Dudes," which really makes one wonder).... when he noticed that there was a bit of corrosion along the running boards on the port side of the engine. BTW... the old "Number 9" in its infancy also ran by its street name "The Little Engine That Could".

Well, Mott remembered that he didn't need any lubrication or protection when HE was younger, although he never leaves home without lube or protection in today's world...(remember his Hit Songs) and he knew that the Old #9 was just like himself, with bones that were solid, yet prone to degeneration... so Old Mott D. Hoople set out to create a cleaner, lubricant and protector JUST for old #9. Mott searched the world over for the finest lubricants.

He looked at all the common water based lubes, but none would prevent the corrosion that he saw in Old #9. If fact, if used inproperly, the water based lubricants would make matters worse, and would in fact corrode the very tool that he was working with. So Mott moved towards the petroleum based lubes, which in turn damaged plastics and latex, eating away at the gloves and protection that he wore as he worked Old #9.

And then one day, he found that he created a mixture that included a petroleum distallate as well as cleaning compounds that would complement one another, while leaving a slightly oily residue that prevented corrosion. While not preventing corrosion completely, Hoople's discovery compound greatly increased the corrosion resistance on the Old Cross Country #9. Mott D. Hoople took his newly discovered compound to the leadership of the company that owned the Old Cross Country #9 and proudly showed off his product. They smiled, they shook his hand, and then promptly laid off Old Mott Hoople, putting him out to pasture, where he remains to this day, collecting entitlement checks from the Government.

About two years later, Mott's mixture fell off a shelf, and landed on the company president's desk, where it soaked into a disgustingly dirty Colt 1911. As the president wiped off his Colt, he discovered that wherever Mott Hoople's #9 had touched the frame and slide, it was as clean and smooth as a baby's butt. But what to do... what to do....? Mott Hoople had already been let go, no one remembered him, and the Old #9 was still puffing away saying "I think I can, I think I can".....so the president called in the oldest employee of the company. Now old Ernie (He was English, and had a nephew named Tommy, who was the subject of a Rock Opera) was so old, he didn't remember much anymore, but the president had to do something.... so he asked: "Do you remember WHO made this stuff?". And old Ernie sorta kinda fiddled about, then remembered.... when he said "it was Mott Hoppe,for the old #9. And so, Hoppe's #9 went to market, cleaning Colts and engines everywhere.

My story, and I'm sticking to it!

If I can write this stuff at 5:30 am, imagine what I'm capable of later in the day!

LOL..
Da
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 AM
COTEP Member

Oh, my, that was terrific!

And the fact that you know Mott The Hoople and some of their songs speaks volumes!

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ