COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 02-10-2023, 01:40 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
This thread feels like a self help group

Whats up brother?!!!
What's up ! Still riding your bike hitting those trails? Still on active duty? It's been a while!
Old 02-10-2023, 03:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitor View Post
What's up ! Still riding your bike hitting those trails? Still on active duty? It's been a while!
oh yeah, riding bike like a weirdo I am. Only I don't break stuff like does

Still on the patrol, got a squad now though. Running a small circus, it feels like some days.
Old 02-10-2023, 05:30 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

I thought ICE gotcha. Wassup
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 02-10-2023, 08:21 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
I thought ICE gotcha. Wassup
Hahaha that's the I remember. Nah, I've just been on a different adventure, but here I am. How's the grandkid? I bet he's grown so much. I hope he still enjoys hanging out with the old fart. Glad to see the gang is still hanging around here. I plan on visiting way more often, as I miss all the shenanigans this place brings about.
Old 02-10-2023, 11:15 PM
COTEP Member

Damn ; glad to see you again after these several years!

I hope all is well with you, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve actually found some other players, and have been entertaining!

I’ve been playing with a couple of other (different) guys the last 5-6 years, and have been having a big time! If you ever get over this way; let me know, and I’ll get you to the studio where we practice to play with us a bit.

Take care Bro; and stay in touch!

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.

Last edited by Rick McC.; 02-10-2023 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:05 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
This thread feels like a self help group

Whats up brother?!!!
Don't know much about self help groups... but Hi, my name is Michael and I am addicted to Dan Wesson 1911's.

Now I return to what I know best.... my "Safe Space".... lol
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:53 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
Damn ; glad to see you again after these several years!

I hope all is well with you, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve actually found some other players, and have been entertaining!

I’ve been playing with a couple of other (different) guys the last 5-6 years, and have been having a big time! If you ever get over this way; let me know, and I’ll get you to the studio where we practice to play with us a bit.

Take care Bro; and stay in touch!
Hi Rick, I had a good run, I was even featured in our local Fox news channel, LOL, but regrettably I'm currently riddled with elbow tendonitis in my right arm, a bit on my left, plus left wrist issues. Overuse of my tendons; my two Great Danes (old but still around, the white one is handicapped and needs a lot of help) play a huge part in my condition, playing guitar all these years, plus being a professor for over 21 years typing all the time, wiell all has taken a toll on my arms.

I'm undergoing physical therapy and on my way to getting better. I'm also losing weight as I went a little overboard during the pandemic. I feel good and on track.

My thing was writing original music, and performing it. But I lost my bass player and that brought about pausing the project. In the meantime I've learned to play covers, you know classic rock, some 90s and 2000 stuff, and just enjoying being a home musician for now while I recuperate and my arms get back on track.

Here's a sound link in case you want to check some of the stuff I did with the band! Pop rock stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/user-14332978...social_sharing

Are you still actively playing with other people? Do you guys play live? Any recordings you want to share? Really nice to hear from you sir.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:30 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitor View Post
Hi Rick, I had a good run, I was even featured in our local Fox news channel, LOL, but regrettably I'm currently riddled with elbow tendonitis in my right arm, a bit on my left, plus left wrist issues. Overuse of my tendons; my two Great Danes (old but still around, the white one is handicapped and needs a lot of help) play a huge part in my condition, playing guitar all these years, plus being a professor for over 21 years typing all the time, wiell all has taken a toll on my arms.

I'm undergoing physical therapy and on my way to getting better. I'm also losing weight as I went a little overboard during the pandemic. I feel good and on track.

My thing was writing original music, and performing it. But I lost my bass player and that brought about pausing the project. In the meantime I've learned to play covers, you know classic rock, some 90s and 2000 stuff, and just enjoying being a home musician for now while I recuperate and my arms get back on track.

Here's a sound link in case you want to check some of the stuff I did with the band! Pop rock stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/user-14332978...social_sharing

Are you still actively playing with other people? Do you guys play live? Any recordings you want to share? Really nice to hear from you sir.
Thanks Bro; I’ll check your music out for sure!
We’re practicing every week, but not playing out; we can’t stay up that late anymore. ��
But; if the right late afternoon/early evening gig came along…

Anyway; you’re now on the prayer list until you get back in shape!

Take care Bro,

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.

Last edited by Rick McC.; 02-11-2023 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:31 PM
COTEP Member

Welcome back. Been a while. Still have my CBOB, after several trips to the mother ship it came back with an internal extractor Valor slide since they could not make the original external extractor work for more than 500-100 rounds and there were no external extractor parts left.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:24 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Paratus View Post
Welcome back. Been a while. Still have my CBOB, after several trips to the mother ship it came back with an internal extractor Valor slide since they could not make the original external extractor work for more than 500-100 rounds and there were no external extractor parts left.
That's really strange. My old DW Panther has an external extractor and it works like clockwork. I have never had an extraction problem with it in the many years I've been shooting it.

An external extractor is not some kind of new exotic type of extractor. Most automatic pistols have had external extractors since the early 1900s. You'd think they have it figured out by now.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell