COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 12-28-2014, 10:36 AM
COTEP Member

The Glock 42 is actually falling in price already. They are a dime a dozen in South Florida. Gunshine Arms sells a few a week. People like 'em. Glock is working on a single stack 9mm, it'll of course resemble the Glock 42. I am sure Glock will wait to sales fall on the G42 before flooding the market with a new single stack. Remember, the single stack .45, the G36, had issues when first released. I had one, mine ran fine, but I traded it for Florida Highway Patrol serial number Glock 17. The single stack 9mm might also be delayed by Gaston Glock's furious impending divorce. His wife is trying to bury him, the last thing he needs now is skyrocketing profits for her to claim. She is already trying to nail him with the RICO Act.

Oh, and by the way.....I don't shoot .380. There is still a keltec .380 in my pond here and I sold its twin to an orlando cop. F that gun.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 12-28-2014, 12:29 PM
COTEP Member

The SA XD-S in 9 and .45 is taking some market share. The Croatian guns are at least as reliable as Blocks and have a more natural grip angle for me, being an American and all and not fond of the "Luger lean".
COTEP #744
Old 12-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

If I wanted/needed a .380, I'd buy the S&W Bodyguard before a block!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:01 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Holy zombie thread
Right?

I have shot the g42 and don't like it. It's also too big for what it is. I will wait for the 9mm to come out and see if that's any better. But, I do like the xds and pm9.

Joe, my buddy has had a keltec 380 for several years now and loves it. He had it reworked over by keltec and it has never had an issue. Personally, I would go the bodyguard or Ruger route for a pocket 380.

Is a 380 worth having in your pocket? Well, it's better than a thumb up your hoohah when you need it.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:39 PM
COTEP Member

I have the 42, and several other Glocks.
I also have the PM380 and PM9.
Plus I have shot several other 380's like the LCP that I think was the worse of the bunch. It is small but not pleasant to shoot. The Kahr 380 is much nicer and very small. Also shot my nieces micro eagle. Didn't like it. So let's come back to the 42 now. It is the largest of the 380's I have played with. It is very Glock. And has the worse trigger of any Glock I own or have shot. Not awful, just stiffer and crunchy feeling. But the gun is very nice to shoot. Must be the size. Plus the gun would be very easy to carry. The only reason I keep it is to let the women I know shoot it. It makes a wonderful lady's firearm because of size and recoil.

My sweetie carries the PM9 and likes the gun a lot. She has shot many rounds thru it and it is her daily carry piece. Because of it I picked up the kahr 380 when I found a guy selling it used.

I think it is all marketing, Glock will sell the crap out of the 42 before it will introduce a 9mm single stack. And at that point I will pick one up. I already have the G36 and G42 singles. My G36 gets carried allot. And why? Because when it gets banged around and used as a tool I don't feel near the heartache I do when I have my CCO with me. Can we talk about Dan Wessons some more?

Wish my shooting skills were as good as my BBQ skills.
I would have more to BBQ!
Old 12-28-2014, 02:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
Right?

I have shot the g42 and don't like it. It's also too big for what it is. I will wait for the 9mm to come out and see if that's any better. But, I do like the xds and pm9.

Joe, my buddy has had a keltec 380 for several years now and loves it. He had it reworked over by keltec and it has never had an issue. Personally, I would go the bodyguard or Ruger route for a pocket 380.

Is a 380 worth having in your pocket? Well, it's better than a thumb up your hoohah when you need it.
I just don't do pocket carry...if I ever did it would be a Ruger LCR, left rear pocket, in .357. You know, for when a street chubbie tells me he wants my wallet.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 12-28-2014, 02:56 PM
COTEP Member

I am stuck on the 1911 format. Not a fan of DA, do not like finger biter little guns(keltec for example) that are painful to shoot and I do not understand what the function of the little tang on the trigger is about. I have never fired a G and have no interest in having a loaded gun of any kind in my pocket, especially one with no safety. I have a 9 and a 45 SA XDs but I am unwilling to carry them. Should I be jumped by some scumbag I do not want a just pull the trigger situation in my pocket or in my holster. I am way to ignorant to be posting anything in this thread other than please explain this to me. Dennis
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
Right?

My Wife picked the Sig P238 when we went shopping for her pistol. I wanted her to have something she would carry, rather than something she would make excuses not to... It has worked out great, then the Sig P938 came along. With the P938 being about identical in size save for a slightly longer slide/barrel (we are talking 3/4 of an inch if that...) it makes for a great compact and pocket 9mm She still carries the P238, but I use the P938 as a BUG in either front pocket of everything from jeans to cargo shorts.

Sorry for the crappy pics, but here is the size differences between the P238 (.380) and the P938 (9mm):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony up View Post
I am stuck on the 1911 format. Not a fan of DA, do not like finger biter little guns(keltec for example) that are painful to shoot and I do not understand what the function of the little tang on the trigger is about. I have never fired a G and have no interest in having a loaded gun of any kind in my pocket, especially one with no safety. I have a 9 and a 45 SA XDs but I am unwilling to carry them. Should I be jumped by some scumbag I do not want a just pull the trigger situation in my pocket or in my holster. I am way to ignorant to be posting anything in this thread other than please explain this to me. Dennis
Dennis, these are 1911 format and I carry the P938 regularly in the pocket in a holster of course (Panther Concealment Panther Cub) I find it just as safe as on the hip IWB/OWB carry, just am always conscious of where the muzzle is pointing when I am seated.

- G. K. Chesterton

Last edited by sstpierre; 12-28-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:53 PM
COTEP Member

Thanks. I should figure this out by the time I get back to warm weather in Florida on 1/10. I like my SA XDs 9MM. I loved it when it would shoot fully auto, the entire magazine. Nearly crapped my pants the first time but then got into the game and stuck the extended mag into it. The RO was a little po ed but wanted to try it of course. It has a very predictable trigger since SA reworked it. Still I am concerned about a lack of safety and do not feel comfortable carrying with a round in the tube. I still have not even fired the .45 RA XDs. I would be really pissed to be shot with my own gun. I know I must be missing something about the little tangy thingee on the trigger. I seem to be wanting to go bigger and more rounds for carry although my WC plastic Spec-Ops 9 is still at my FFL and may not be the ticket I think it will be. I really love my DW ECO 9MM for carry and it is the right choice for me now as I shoot it more effectively than any other I own.
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Last edited by pony up; 12-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:26 PM
COTEP Member

I also carry the Sig P938, and so does my wife. You can't beat the fire power for the size, as well as the accuracy. My brother shot it for the first time yesterday at the range, and he fell in love. IT is actually a very soft shooter for the size and is well worth the $. You can find them on Palmetto State Armory for $499 sometimes. Like the previous poster stated its not much bigger thatn the 380, and you will be hard pressed to find the P938's combination of small size, 9mm, and shootability. I alos liked the Kahr PM9, but I like SA triggers.