COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger > Range Reports

Old 10-28-2014, 09:27 AM
COTEP Member

Me too fingers crossed. I read they put a new extractor in, and hopefully the guide rod is not two pieces.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM
COTEP Member

Default Sig P938 Extreme impressions and Range Trip

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414525529.382082.jpg

10 ft

Things got a bit better at 15.

Range trip went good. I brought my officers 1911 just encase I had any issues, but I didn't. I shot 150 rounds and not one failure of any kind. The recoil is stout, like a 45, but fun and not at all punishing. I actually popped a small cyst that has been annoying me, and it beats the bible trick. The plastic trigger has to go, even though it voids the warranty. It does dig into your finger a bit. May sand and smooth it out. Not bad though. Otherwise very smooth operation.
One thing you will need to use loctite on the grips. After 75 rounds I lost a screw. I finally found it behind me and I will tell you, it blended in with the floor. I tightened it up and went back to shooting. After 50 rounds it was loose again.
One thing I was worried about was this thing not cycling 115 grain ammo. It's all over the Internet. I am happy to say it ate $9.95 Federal 115 gr and Winchester white box flawlessly.
Down to shooting. It was definitely a challenge to hit the center of the target. I tried different ways to pull the trigger as I was shooting left. The trigger pull has loosened up quite a bit, it feels about 7 lbs now, which is ok. I seemed to shoot better past 10 feet and shot pretty good at 25. After 150 rounds I was happy and my accuracy was starting to suffer from either hunger or this little stallion. All in all this thing ran like a champ and after a few hundred more rounds I will CCW this pistol. It's soaking in CLP right now. I will clean it, and check how it's wearing. Until next report.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414525574.634869.jpg (42.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-28-2014, 04:22 PM
COTEP Member

Thumbs up

Looks/sounds like a good day, thanks for the follow-up.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:14 PM
COTEP Member

Good to hear it's working well so far. It seems like any early teething problems must have been dealt with. If you read any current threads on forums about "best compact 9mm" or "best CCW" etc., you'll see a lot of recommendations for the 938.

Paul
Old 10-28-2014, 07:16 PM
COTEP Member

I have a 238 and I love it. Congrats.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Tags
open