COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Springfield

Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
I carried a 1911 on the SWAT team for a number of years. Being able to attach a light has it's advantages.
As far as the OP I like it. That may be my next pistol.
Little voice in your ear..... Dan Wesson Valkryie, Dan Wesson Valkryie

I'm tapped on guns/ammo for 2015 already..I'm scratchin' arse trying to find 2K for a Valkryie.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-16-2015, 10:46 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Nah......no rails, no lights...... Patooey
My sentiments exactly.

On a poly pistol; who cares? But it just "uglies up" a 1911 to me.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:09 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Little voice in your ear..... Dan Wesson Valkryie, Dan Wesson Valkryie

I'm tapped on guns/ammo for 2015 already..I'm scratchin' arse trying to find 2K for a Valkryie.
If scratchin your arse produces 2k, scratch the other cheek and get me some cash too please
Old 01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post
If scratchin your arse produces 2k, scratch the other cheek and get me some cash too please
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:06 PM
COTEP Member

Must be some kind of mental calisthenics as I watch President Obama's press conference with David Cameron trying to explain how his approach has stalled the Iranian effort for a nuke with his sanctions and meetings. The pummeling of my gray matter with his twisted half assed moronic comments have blown my thoughts on this hand gun right out of my head. Sorry. I think, when I started, that it doesn't float my boat; but I can't remember why.
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The only real difference is the front strap treatment and the VZ grips. These changes mean I can never get one again in California. They are also bringing back the Long Beach Operator. Basically the same gun in all black Armory Coat.
Ryan
Old 01-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamphyri13 View Post
The only real difference is the front strap treatment and the VZ grips. These changes mean I can never get one again in California. They are also bringing back the Long Beach Operator. Basically the same gun in all black Armory Coat.
Ryan
Wait, what? Please excuse my ignorance, but why would those changes preclude you from owning one in California?

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Wait, what? Please excuse my ignorance, but why would those changes preclude you from owning one in California?
Don't ask...

Believe it or not, sometimes just the grips or finish can prevent us from owning one gun over another. It's our "roster" of safe guns list. Happens a lot with Springfield Armory.

Manufacturers have to submit 3 guns for testing and pay a fee if they want their guns to be sold in California. Among other examples of requirements of said guns is that they have an LCI - Loaded Chamber Indicator and magazine disconnect, if the mag is dropped the gun will not fire. 1911's are exempt from the mag disco.

Oh yeah, the approval for lack of better terms for allowing the gun to be able to be sold here is only good for a year. The mfr's have to keep renewing it if they want to continue to sell the gun here.

Don't get me started on the micro stamping that caused S&W and Ruger to pull their lineup from our shelves.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Every change from the "approved" configuration has to be approved as a "new" model. From my understanding, in order for a "new" gun to be approved, it has to have a magazine disconnect and a loaded chamber indicator. That rules out new 1911s.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 01-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Don't ask...

Believe it or not, sometimes just the grips or finish can prevent us from owning one gun over another. It's our "roster" of safe guns list. Happens a lot with Springfield Armory.

Manufacturers have to submit 3 guns for testing and pay a fee if they want their guns to be sold in California. Among other examples of requirements of said guns is that they have an LCI - Loaded Chamber Indicator and magazine disconnect, if the mag is dropped the gun will not fire. 1911's are exempt from the mag disco.

Oh yeah, the approval for lack of better terms for allowing the gun to be able to be sold here is only good for a year. The mfr's have to keep renewing it if they want to continue to sell the gun here.

Don't get me started on the micro stamping that caused S&W and Ruger to pull their lineup from our shelves.
Oh my. I wasn't aware of all those restrictions. It's a shame, becuase they win that way. They make it so hard for the manufacturers to sell in your state they'll just stop trying. That's what they want.
Man, I thought NJ was bad.
Anyway, I'm definitely looking into this when they become available.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.