COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Springfield

Old 02-07-2014, 05:57 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post
Just put 150 rounds of 230gr ball and 185gr jhp through it. 100 rounds were reloads that I got in a trade a few years back. First time I've shot them. 50 rnds were Tula ..

Had a couple of issues with failure to fire on 3 of the reloads. Ran them back through when I had finished the other 147 rounds. This gun was tight as a ducks arse. Could barely take it down to lube it. So all things considered there really was no issue with the pistol.
I now know what it is like to shoot a real gun. Jeezus is it accurate... Sorry for the blasphemy .
Springfield Loaded models are, IMHO, the best bang for the buck on the market. I am talking $1000 range 1911's. I think Dave has a sticky here on lapping the slide, might wanna touch base with him if that gun needs it. I need to do the same since my Champion frame was replaced. My black stainless now has 800 rounds through it, is tight, yet the slide feels like it's on ball bearings. I don't have another 1911 that feels like that. You have the same slide/frame configuration, with a little luck and TLC you will have the same "ball bearing" feeling. Good luck with that gun, not that you need it. People will approach you at the range cause the model is so good looking.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

Nice
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Sweet! Congrats.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post
Just put 150 rounds of 230gr ball and 185gr jhp through it. 100 rounds were reloads that I got in a trade a few years back. First time I've shot them. 50 rnds were Tula ..

Had a couple of issues with failure to fire on 3 of the reloads. Ran them back through when I had finished the other 147 rounds. This gun was tight as a ducks arse. Could barely take it down to lube it. So all things considered there really was no issue with the pistol.
I now know what it is like to shoot a real gun. Jeezus is it accurate... Sorry for the blasphemy .
Hmmmmm its a springer loaded model.....did u expect a bad pistol? I have a three inch micro compact loaded model and can say with confidence that springer does do loaded models "right". Neve a ftf fte....or failure of any kind. Just since i got the dw cco, the micro has sat in the safe. Beautiful new pisto, enjoy it! Ohhh.... Its only blasphemy if you don't use the word SWEET before Jeeeezus!! This time ur forgiven! Lol!!
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Springfield Loaded models are, IMHO, the best bang for the buck on the market. I am talking $1000 range 1911's. I think Dave has a sticky here on lapping the slide, might wanna touch base with him if that gun needs it. I need to do the same since my Champion frame was replaced. My black stainless now has 800 rounds through it, is tight, yet the slide feels like it's on ball bearings. I don't have another 1911 that feels like that. You have the same slide/frame configuration, with a little luck and TLC you will have the same "ball bearing" feeling. Good luck with that gun, not that you need it. People will approach you at the range cause the model is so good looking.

My guess is someone doesn't own a Dan Wesson. Lol.

Nice pistol though.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:26 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas_knott View Post
My guess is someone doesn't own a Dan Wesson. Lol.

Nice pistol though.

Nope, don't own one, but have been looking at the Valor line. Truth be told an instructor had a Valor as an EDC and I wasn't impressed. My black stainless went through the Springfield Custom Shop and is light years ahead of his off the shelf Valor. But I still want a Valor, and if it doesn't meet up to my black stainless, the Springfield Custom Shop will fix it.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!