COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols

Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 PM
COTEP Member

Dirty pictures, hopefully!

Tom
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Good looking gun there. Did you change out any of the small parts? It's the first Nightmare I've seen without the stainless controls and small parts.

Class 07 FFL and Dan Wesson Dealer
Old 01-15-2013, 09:59 AM
COTEP Member

Nice looking gat, Dr. And your description of the slide and trigger match my Sig Carry. Couldn't be happier.

Now, how does she shoot?

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsslj View Post
Wow nice .u haven't seen4" kewl. Only seen 5.been thinking of 2nd gun just don't know what. I do know SIG s awesome. congratulations on a great piece and sharp looking.
Posting from the mobile again, are you

-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Took it to the range today and put a hundred rounds through it. One box factory hardball and one box hardball handloads.

Accuracy was great with both, but the handloads were definitely more accurate than factory. The were loaded a bit lighter than factory, and the brass all went to the same place. It went everywhere with the factory loads. I kept sending the target back, back back all the way to 20 yards and was still hitting a ShootNSee I had plastered in the middle of the backer.

One thing though, the handloads sometimes failed to go into battery. I did not have that problem with the factory loads. The rounds are in spec, so I don't know what was going on. Most of the time I was able to nudge it into battery, but there were a few that would not go. When I tried chambering them a second time, they all went into battery without a problem.

The thing is so tight, it's a bear to take down and reassemble. I guess it needs a lot of breaking in...

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 01-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Good looking gun there. Did you change out any of the small parts? It's the first Nightmare I've seen without the stainless controls and small parts.
Nope, didn't change a thing. I think the gun is all stainless though, just "Nitron" coated.

- George Orwell
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I just figured out what was going on with the reloads. It wasn't the loads, it was the mags the reloads were in. Wilson Combat and, oddly, Sig mags drag the slide, but Colt mags (Checkmate) and Chip McCormick do not.

Here is a picture with a Sig mag holding the slide back.

- George Orwell