COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlutz View Post
I know, seems like it wasn't that long ago that .45ACP could be had for $5.00 per box of 50, .223 was $3.00 per box of 20. Luckily back then I bought s..t loads of it , a lot of my friends thought I was crazy. I'm pretty much set for the rest of my life with .22LR, .45ACP,.223, and 00 Buck. If I wanted to sell it I could make out very well, it's staying here.
I knew I had it absolutely made in the shade 10, maybe 12 years ago. Damn near a truck container of ammo at yesteryear's prices. Then my kids discoveredthat what Daddy was doing(shooting), was fun. Now I fear for my shooting future. .....I still have .45 ball ammo at $4.45 a box of 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Shooters in Jacksonville had a good supply of Blazer and Federal Value Packs this past weekend for $40 each.

Otherwise I pick up a box or two at a time from my local range.
I buy slowly now too. In between trips to SC if I buy a box here, a box there, I break even when my kids shoot. I shoot almost exclusively .45 for self defense practice, kinda dropped off plinking(.22) the last few years. I hafta get back. I smell videos on the horizon!

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:04 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
We put down tarps, save every casing, even .22. I'm gonna learn how to reload .22. If it can't be done I'll invent it.
Hey Joe, not specifically reloading, but a very interesting video on the manufacture of .22's. CCI produces 4 million rounds a day

COTEP #0749

I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now
Old 07-26-2014, 01:53 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Hey Joe, not specifically reloading, but a very interesting video on the manufacture of .22's. CCI produces 4 million rounds a day

Gloria.....I watch .22 vids all the time on youtube......figuring out how to reload the six 5 gallon buckets of casings I have.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Gloria.....I watch .22 vids all the time on youtube......figuring out how to reload the six 5 gallon buckets of casings I have.
OMG Joe, there has to be a recycle place in Fl. that recycles brass........Get the cash and buy some 22 LR ammo if you can find any..............

Old 07-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
That price tag hurts to see....I still have Walmart boxes of the same ammo that I paid $9.99 for. Sure, dinosauers still roamed the Earth and water wasn't invented yet....but I bought some back them.
This is what I used to get at Walmart. It was cheaper than the Federal Champion Value Pack and not as consistent. Before the "troubles" I was competing in weekly and monthly rimfire steel matches, going through up to 500 rounds a week. My Kimber conversion slide ran fine with the Federal Champion Value Pack (from Midway) but not with the Walmart Value Pack.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 07-26-2014 at 03:03 PM.