Should prosecution be done by mixed panel, civilian and military? 2 14.29%
Should a review board be set specifically to hear complaints? 1 7.14%
Other. Please explain 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts
Default Sexual assaults in the military

Well, it's back in the news. I'm curious about what our Vet's think of how things should be handled. so here's a poll:
Old 08-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The military has been consistent in proving that it chooses to be incapable of investigating and processing sexual abuse cases, especially when high ranking individuals (flag grade) are involved. Subscribe to one of the "Times" (Army Times, Navy Times, etc.) for information. This is not a new occurrence, but rather has been going on for decades. No Commander wants a MSA report on their watch. It can be a career ender.

Prior to my retirement as Chief of Behavioral Health at Aberdeen Proving Ground, (Aberdeen has made it to "60 Minutes" twice for MSA over the last few decades) I was interviewed by the last DOD Military Sexual Assault Task Force. I gave them my experience with the process (over 40 years) and my opinions, some of which were included in the final report.

Just my two cents.
NRA Member
:stand:

Last edited by MajO; 08-21-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:42 PM
COTEP Member

I voted other. I think if the victim is civilian then they get a civilian trial, military victim then military trial.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 PM
COTEP Member

I think if you mix boys with girls bad sex things will happen in certain scenarios. Can't/won't be stopped.

A small percentage of people in any situation will always go against the rules. But I have no method of solving it, can't beat Mother Nature.

And it can be reversed where the female is the aggressor.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

I once had a buddy brought up on sexual misconduct charges just for smiling and saying hi as we walked past a female soldier. It was all bs. He was cleared. Not saying every woman in the military is like that, but I learned early on, if they're in uniform, STAY AWAY!!!

So glad I was in combat arms and didn't have to deal with them on a daily basis.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
I think if you mix boys with girls bad sex things will happen in certain scenarios. Can't/won't be stopped.
Especially boys and girls in their prime with raging hormones.

This used to be called "Common Sense." Something the libtards are completely lacking.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 08-21-2014, 11:42 PM
COTEP Member

If truly a sexual assault then the Perp should be handcuffed to a chair and the victim given a ball bat and five minutes to use it as they desire to gain justice and retribution.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 AM
COTEP Member

Default What did they Expect ???

Mixing Men and Women on Ships was the most asinine idea ever!!!! I still laugh about this. Lets put a bunch of young and hormone ridden Men and Women on a ship and send them to Sea for 6 months.

Wonder what will happen ? Strict rules of no fraternization permitted. Really? In what word do you live where this is actually expected to work out?

Not saying rape is not taking place. However, I have personally seen more than a fair share of "couple get caught in the act, realize in a world of hurt, then suddenly female decides it was rape and not consensual" situations. All to skirt their way out of trouble. Tossing their partner under the bus. Actually had same Female pull this twice over the course of two years. Got away with it the first time. Ruined an otherwise good sailors career and reputation. Not to mention jail time and conviction issues.

Separate them or provide safe and secure facilities to fornicate. Its human nature for crying out loud...

AdamG247 (Oath Keeper-Not on our watch)
""I, do solemnly swear that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same,
so help me God!"
Old 08-22-2014, 12:22 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG247 (Navy-Ret) View Post
Mixing Men and Women on Ships was the most asinine idea ever!!!! I still laugh about this. Lets put a bunch of young and hormone ridden Men and Women on a ship and send them to Sea for 6 months.

Wonder what will happen ? Strict rules of no fraternization permitted. Really? In what word do you live where this is actually expected to work out?

Not saying rape is not taking place. However, I have personally seen more than a fair share of "couple get caught in the act, realize in a world of hurt, then suddenly female decides it was rape and not consensual" situations. All to skirt their way out of trouble. Tossing their partner under the bus. Actually had same Female pull this twice over the course of two years. Got away with it the first time. Ruined an otherwise good sailors career and reputation. Not to mention jail time and conviction issues.

Separate them or provide safe and secure facilities to fornicate. Its human nature for crying out loud...
And lemme tell you suttin else.....That thing about friends being so close that "if I was marooned on a dessert island with your wife nothing would happen". It's bullsh*t.
Male - Female - somewhat confined = sex
Feel free to add in the gay/lesbian angle...sex will still happen

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!