COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 AM
COTEP Member

Just some FACTS about EBOLA. So were all on the same page about this decision to bring infected here. Yes they are Americans. They put themselves in great danger and took undue risk. Now we feel compelled to help them?

EBOLA "NO CURE":
http://health.usnews.com/health-news...oosts-survival

EBOLA has a 90% Fatality rate. Of 100 people infected only 10 will survive.

Currently there is no known form of Vaccine to prevent infection.

Ebola is spread "Still being confirmed" via contact with other humans.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

Other "Direct Contact" diseases for comparison purposes:

•Anthrax -
•Coronavirus -
•Group A Streptococcus -
•Invasive Group B Streptococcal (GBS) -
•Haemophilus influenza -
•Legionellosis -
•Meningococcal Disease -
•MERS-CoV -
•MRSA -
•Plague -
•Strep pneumoniae -
•SARS -

Source "http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/"

About "Immigrant Health" :

"Immigrants and refugees must undergo a medical exam as part of the immigration process for entry into the United States. The exam includes screening for any illness defined as a communicable disease of public health significance. All of these diseases can be easily spread between people. Those immigrants and refugees found to have these diseases may not enter the United States. "

"What diseases prevent non-U.S. citizens from coming to the United States?

Diseases that can prevent entry to the U.S. fall into three categories:

•Any of the following diseases: active tuberculosis, infectious syphilis, gonorrhea, infectious leprosy, chancroid, lymphogranuloma venereum, granuloma inguinale, and HIV infection. (HIV infection will be removed on January 4, 2010)

•Quarantinable diseases designated by any Presidential Executive Order. The current list of diseases includes cholera, diphtheria, infectious tuberculosis, plague, smallpox, yellow fever, viral hemorrhagic fevers, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and influenza caused by novel or re-emergent influenza (pandemic flu).

•Diseases reportable as a public health emergency of international concern to the World Health Organization under the International Health Regulations of 2005. These diseases currently include: polio, smallpox, SARS, pandemic flu and other public health emergencies of international concern."

Source of the above Immigrant Health Screening information:
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeeh...eneral-qa.html

AdamG247 (Oath Keeper-Not on our watch)
""I, do solemnly swear that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same,
so help me God!"
Old 08-02-2014, 10:02 AM
COTEP Member

Like Nancy Snyderman(can't stand her) stated on TV....usually these things will "burn themselves out". Let's translate that........Keep the people who have it in one place and treat them till they die.

So, transporting infected people to a country that has no known accounts of this disease does not seem like a stroke of brilliance.

For the conspiracy theorists. Could this disease turn America into a famine/disease infested Country? Could it be done on purpose? We only have but a handful of infectious disease centers, which would be full in hours if there were an outbreak. Id there a bigger plan here? Kill off the non productive baby boomers(weakend immune systems) and be left with the young left wingnuts that always vote Democrat? This could go on forever.....as conspircay theories do.

Fact is, if a few people who are infected start sneezing in the checkout line at Walmart in a few different states we are screwed.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

HIV is much more difficult to transmit than Ebola. Yet HIV has spread to every corner of the earth.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 08-02-2014, 02:04 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
HIV is much more difficult to transmit than Ebola. Yet HIV has spread to every corner of the earth.
I read today that scientists have used aerosol methods of spreading the disease in tests, and it worked. Seems that when transmitted that way it is not as deadly, which they cannot explain.

Here's my opinion.....It's deadly and should be kept quarantined, not imported.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
RARELY do you fly Ebola patients out of the infection zone. This IS one of those "rarely" events.
Why is that? Seems like they could ship a team and all necessary equipment there easier than sending them here one at a time. The stress of the move and all the complicated procedures seems more difficult than sending the help to them.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Why is that? Seems like they could ship a team and all necessary equipment there easier than sending them here one at a time. The stress of the move and all the complicated procedures seems more difficult than sending the help to them.
You have a point.....during travel they needed evaluation to see if they could make it here. I wonder if they are gonna die anyway and are gonna be test cases for a vaccine.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
You have a point.....during travel they needed evaluation to see if they could make it here. I wonder if they are gonna die anyway and are gonna be test cases for a vaccine.
That is my thinking. Pretty risky move.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 08-02-2014, 06:59 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
That is my thinking. Pretty risky move.
Agreed...and I think more risk is in place now that bad people in the world, who study the Internet, have seen that Americans are chattering away about the possibility of that illness going viral here in the USA.

Would be real easy for them to plant sick people around the country and our infectious disease centers, doctors and hospitals would be overwhelmed in hours.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:49 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Excellent point Doc!!!! This is just asinine and leads me to start thinking crazy stuff could be in the works. I am simply stupefied by this move.

AdamG247 (Oath Keeper-Not on our watch)
""I, do solemnly swear that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same,
so help me God!"
Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
I'm actually a lot more worried about the infections coming by the trainload across the southern border.
Here you go:

Quote:
At least 71 individuals from the three nations affected by the current Ebola outbreak have either turned themselves in or been caught attempting to illegally enter the U.S. by U.S. authorities between January 2014 and July 2014.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Open-US-Border

Only a matter of time before Murphy triumphs.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell