COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 12-27-2020, 10:24 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I will need pictures of what you are working with.

Generally you just insert the tube into the block, tap the roll pin in place and then set the block on the barrel lined up with the gas port. Torque the barrel nut to where the tube freely runs past it into the upper assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2020, 11:31 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I will need pictures of what you are working with.

Generally you just insert the tube into the block, tap the roll pin in place and then set the block on the barrel lined up with the gas port. Torque the barrel nut to where the tube freely runs past it into the upper assembly.

That's the hard part, actually... ensuring you have all the holes aligned and that the roll pin goes through all 4 of them. I'm finding thst the most difficult part of that process,,, without, of course damaging the roll pin. I will try it with a roll pin holder and a small bit of lube and we'll see.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:19 AM
COTEP Member

Default Building Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
That's the hard part, actually... ensuring you have all the holes aligned and that the roll pin goes through all 4 of them. I'm finding thst the most difficult part of that process,,, without, of course damaging the roll pin. I will try it with a roll pin holder and a small bit of lube and we'll see.

You can align the holes using a guide (for lack of a better word) and then tap the pin in a little at a time with a small hammer/mallet. Do you have a gunsmiths block? Those are handy to have around. I think a little gun oil can help but also might make it slippery to handle.

PS: Make sure the tube is oriented correctly before you pin it. The block sits lower than the upper receiver , therefor the tube steps down into the block from the receiver.

Last edited by Caleb; 12-28-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:42 AM
COTEP Member

I see C aleb is taking good care of you on your build when needed, he certainly helped me out when I needed 'pointed in the right direction', and still does on occasion.

Quote:
..........PS. My P320 Sub compact comes back from the Sig Sauer factory in NH, tomorrow, after it's free "voluntary upgrade." So that will be a relief!
What's involved in the above mentioned "voluntary upgrade?"
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:29 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
You can align the holes using a guide (for lack of a better word) and then tap the pin in a little at a time with a small hammer/mallet. Do you have a gunsmiths block? Those are handy to have around. I think a little gun oil can help but also might make it slippery to handle.

PS: Make sure the tube is oriented correctly before you pin it. The block sits lower than the upper receiver , therefor the tube steps down into the block from the receiver.

OK, so find a metal rod (diameter of a paper clip over which the roll pin can fit). Put the roll pin over the rod, insert the rod and align, and then gently advance the roll pin.

The tube is definitely aligned to the upper. I will make sure I use the gun grease sparingly. And I'll use my roll pin holders to advance it to the point where I can start to tap it in.

Thanks much!
Old 12-28-2020, 10:51 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
I see C aleb is taking good care of you on your build when needed, he certainly helped me out when I needed 'pointed in the right direction', and still does on occasion.

What's involved in the above mentioned "voluntary upgrade?"

I believe that's just their politically correct way of calling it a "recall." There were concerns about the original units, potentially, AD'ing when dropped. That is, supposedly what they fixed.... er... uh... "upgraded."

More about this program at the Sig Sauer Website (P320 Voluntary Upgrade).
Old 12-28-2020, 02:19 PM
COTEP Member

The P320 arrived back in excellent condition. It looks like they installed a brand new lower and just swapped out the serial # plate. The slide lock is ambidextrous now. And there appears to be a lip/protrusion that surrounds the slide lock(s) on both sides. I guess it's to prevent the slide lock from "engaging" the slide into battery if the weapon is dropped (and, potentially, the gun AD'ing).

It came back its original box wit the standard Sig Sauer stickees, a chamber plug, an operator's manual (I had that already), but an additional curious flyer. One from the ATF.... a "Youth Handgun Safety Act" notice.....

Hmmmmm.... C'Mon Sig Sauer.... Y'all ain't "courtin' with the Devil, now are ya???"
Old 12-28-2020, 04:16 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
OK, so find a metal rod (diameter of a paper clip over which the roll pin can fit). Put the roll pin over the rod, insert the rod and align, and then gently advance the roll pin.

The tube is definitely aligned to the upper. I will make sure I use the gun grease sparingly. And I'll use my roll pin holders to advance it to the point where I can start to tap it in.

Thanks much!

That should work, you just need it to help with alignment. Once you have the pin through one side, the other side will be aligned properly.

I’ve been wanting a 320 to just play around with and customize. Just never pulled the trigger on one.

Old 12-28-2020, 06:40 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:

Thanks much!

That should work, you just need it to help with alignment. Once you have the pin through one side, the other side will be aligned properly.

I’ve been wanting a 320 to just play around with and customize. Just never pulled the trigger on one.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:03 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
...... What's involved in the above mentioned "voluntary upgrade?"
Quote:
...... More about this program at the Sig Sauer Website (P320 Voluntary Upgrade).
That explains it all !
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.