COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 03-12-2022, 07:19 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Hmmm, never heard of it. I’ll check it out a bit later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scope received this evening. Looks quite well built Came with its own mount(looks like a Burris PEPR mount), and a green illuminated reticle (battery powered). 6x24x50 FFP Scope but MOA (not MRAD). I'll deal with that. It also comes with built in lens caps and all the hardware and allen keys to make it work. I look forward to mounting it.

I should start the build hopefully before the month ends. I've been working on applying to the USDA for a Sec. 504 loan/grant RD assistance to get my roof done (and some other things). If granted, I can get up to a $7500.00 grant + a $20,000.00 loan to fix the house.

We'll see.
Old 03-13-2022, 11:26 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
Scope received this evening. Looks quite well built Came with its own mount(looks like a Burris PEPR mount), and a green illuminated reticle (battery powered). 6x24x50 FFP Scope but MOA (not MRAD). I'll deal with that. It also comes with built in lens caps and all the hardware and allen keys to make it work. I look forward to mounting it.
Know this formula, 1 MRad = 3.6 MOA.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:03 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I prefer Mills….. but, MOA works well enough for government work.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:46 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
I prefer Mills….. but, MOA works well enough for government work.

Same!

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 03-23-2022, 03:50 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Same!

I'll make it work, one way or another.

Should get started (hopefully) on the 2nd build soon. Being delayed a little while I work on all the bureaucracy needed to get this USDA Sec. 504 loan/grant to get my roof and HVAC replaced.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:03 AM
COTEP Member

You need your AC replaced as well? Hope you get the loan soon.

Old 03-29-2022, 01:13 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
You need your AC replaced as well? Hope you get the loan soon.

Well, technically, I don't need to replace the HVAC. It has been working pretty well after I spent $1500.00 almost two years ago on a new evaporator coil in the air handler. But the general unit is the original one from construction (19+ years old) and it could go at any second. It also produces too much moisture and I find myself vacuuming out the lines so that it doesn't leak all into the closet, etc. It's time to get that checked out as well.

The Sec. 504 loan/grant program offers up to $20,000 in loans and a lifetime $7500.00 grant to a homeowner for such repairs, if you qualify. And, apparently, I do, so we'll see.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:36 PM
COTEP Member

Yeah, that’s a good run for a unit. Hope you get what you need bro.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:03 PM
COTEP Member

Roofing Update: Well, good news/bad news. Bad news is, the USDA changed the rules (or, more accurately, failed to advise me of the rule) regarding income levels. Apparently, to qualify for a Sec. 504 loan for just "Home repairs," they use the "Very low" income standard and not the "low" income standard. Sadly, that basically prices me out of the program (I make too much money even in retirement). So I'll be withdrawing my application.

That said, when one door closes, another opens! The good news being, I now qualify for a "reverse mortgage" loan and I'm in the process of doing that. It would, actually, allow me access to more cash (especially since I have 100% equity in my house).

I"ll be honest. I'm a tad apprehensive of "Reverse mortgage" loans, but I guess as long as I stay way ahead of the interest and keep whacking away at the principal, I'll be OK. I can get the roof and HVAC done, and I even have an opportunity to go for SOLAR if I want to. I haven't made a decision on that just yet but I'm seriously thinking about it. I think it makes more sense to go SOLAR if I know I'll be here for quite some time (and I expect to be). It might help me if I decide to do an "electric car" at some point. We'll see. The firm doing the roof would be the same one doing the SOLAR, so that helps a bit.

No progress yet on build #2, but understandable given what's going on in re: the roof, etc.

I'll keep ya posted. Hope you had a safe Easter.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:08 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Good luck with everything. I just recently taught a long range class this weekend. It was a blast as always. I've decide to get another long another rifle. I'll post and talk about in another thread.
Also, we ordered an electric car for my wife. It's a Ford Mach -E. It's awesome car. I'm not so much a tree hugger as I love the technology. And, they're fast!