COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 04-18-2022, 10:49 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Also, we ordered an electric car for my wife. It's a Ford Mach -E. It's awesome car. I'm not so much a tree hugger as I love the technology. And, they're fast!
Maybe, but it doesn't even look like a Mustang, it's a completely different car that LOOKS like a tree hugger egg car with a Mustang label on it. GEEZ haven't these numbskull car companies learned ANYTHING from Tesla???

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 04-18-2022, 11:11 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Good luck with everything. I just recently taught a long range class this weekend. It was a blast as always. I've decide to get another long another rifle. I'll post and talk about in another thread.
Also, we ordered an electric car for my wife. It's a Ford Mach -E. It's awesome car. I'm not so much a tree hugger as I love the technology. And, they're fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
Maybe, but it doesn't even look like a Mustang, it's a completely different car that LOOKS like a tree hugger egg car with a Mustang label on it. GEEZ haven't these numbskull car companies learned ANYTHING from Tesla???

If I do go "electric," it will be either a "pick up" truck or a full sized SUV (i.e. Toyota 4-Runner or Sequoia sized). Having had all kinds of issues with these "rental" cars I've been renting lately (all very low to the ground), I know I need a vehicle with some height so I don't have problems getting in and out of it, as well as being able to see over the front of it.
Old 04-18-2022, 04:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
I disagree. I think it looks sharp and it has a lot of the Mustang elements built into it. I also think it's sharper than the Tesla SUV. I do like the Roadster, though. I'm also not buying it because of the name. If I wanted a sports car, which I'm playing with the thought of, I will look into a GT350, GT500 or maybe the new Corvette. Leaning towards the new vette.
While I don't believe or prescribe to the belief that electric will save the world, I do lie and think the technology is cool.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.

Last edited by BlackKnight; 04-18-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Whatever floats your boat .
I just don't understand why they didn't just use the actual Mustang instead of "Mustang elements." If I wanted an electric Mustang, I'd want an electric MUSTANG, not some midget Mustang-ish car.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 04-18-2022, 06:03 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
I just don't understand why they didn't just use the actual Mustang instead of "Mustang elements." If I wanted an electric Mustang, I'd want an electric MUSTANG, not some midget Mustang-ish car.
And you may see it as I think every car manufacturer will eventually offer every model in electric. In one way it's their effort to electrify everything.
On a related note, my brother-in-law who works for the FBI stated that they will eventually convert their fleet to all electric. Supposedly a Biden administration directive.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 04-24-2022, 05:55 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:

Probably the same reason why Coca Cola went with "New Coke" even though it ended up a disaster and they had to save face by inventing "Coke Classic."
Old 04-25-2022, 04:07 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I contemplated buying an all electric vehicle as these gas prices keep climbing. One problem tho, I have no way to charge it conveniently (home or work). Blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2022, 05:59 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I contemplated buying an all electric vehicle as these gas prices keep climbing. One problem tho, I have no way to charge it conveniently (home or work). Blah

Part of the reason why I'm considering Solar. I'm pretty sure I'll go with Solar, but I just have to review all the options and what it means in re: how much will go on my "reverse mortgage."
Old 04-25-2022, 09:16 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I’m in a condo so, no charging ports or even solar availability.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:12 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I’m in a condo so, no charging ports or even solar availability.

Does it have a garage or dedicated outdoor parking area? Would not the Condo assoc. offer to get some charging stations for that monthly assessment?!? Sometimes, I feel like I don't with my HOA.