COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 04-25-2022, 01:46 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,477 Times in 714 Posts

Do they keep ALL the homos in condos down there?
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 04-25-2022, 05:15 PM
COTEP Member

And yet another roofing update.

I'm getting much closer to getting the $$$ I need to do my roof. I've spoken with the "appraiser" and will schedule with him in another week or so to do the appraisal for the reverse mortgage. But there's a problem.

The requirements of the appraisal are that I have to have all my doors open to all rooms, closets, etc. and that he gets to take pictures of them all. Unfortunately, that also means the one coat closet with the security lock on it that houses all my "inventory" and ammo. I don't want anyone to take picture of my inventory or ammo in that closet, so I'm wondering what to do. Should I hide the stuff as best I can elsewhere (which isn't that good because it's kinda hard to hide the long guns)... maybe underneath the beds or something. I guess the best I can do is turn the pistol boxes around to keep the serial # labels from being exposed. Maybe put a plastic bag temporarily around the ammo boxes, etc. This, unless I am up front with the appraiser and tell him what's in there in the hopes that he'll say, no sweat... I don't need to go in there. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I don't know. What would you do?

Second issue is with Solar. It's starting to get quite expensive. I learned today that my Utility Co (Withlacoochee Electric) requires me to carry a $1Million liability policy if my array outputs more than 10.00KwH AC (of course it does... otherwise I won't be able to have the capacity to charge an electric car). This is to protect against transmission of current back to the grid when they have it down for repairs. What's the add-on to my insurance premium? A whopping $300.00, annually, which puts my annual homeowner's premium well over $2K for the year. I really have to wonder if it's worth actually doing Solar and going for the electric car at all... if it's all going to cost that much. But we'll see. i need to run some more numbers.

I'll keep you posted. I guess I won't be getting that "Thompson" for quite a while...
Old 04-27-2022, 04:11 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
Does it have a garage or dedicated outdoor parking area? Would not the Condo assoc. offer to get some charging stations for that monthly assessment?!? Sometimes, I feel like I don't with my HOA.

Work has parking garages but no plans on charging ports.

HOA said there is not enough demand to install charging stations in the parking lots of the condos. Plus, we will end up paying for them anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2022, 04:12 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Do they keep ALL the homos in condos down there?

Only the ones named “Mike”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2022, 08:48 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

speaking of the rustang, i see the Corevette now has more electric options too. SAD!!!
Old 04-27-2022, 12:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
speaking of the rustang, i see the Corevette now has more electric options too. SAD!!!

I thought I had seen a blurb where Chevy is talking about a "full blown" electric Corvette. I dunno.... I've seen the Tesla's 0-60 performance, but I don't know if they can ever match or beat the power/pick up performance of a vette in electric mode.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
I thought I had seen a blurb where Chevy is talking about a "full blown" electric Corvette. I dunno.... I've seen the Tesla's 0-60 performance, but I don't know if they can ever match or beat the power/pick up performance of a vette in electric mode.
I will have to see if I can find the article, it was auto or car and driver deal.

What I remember was they were going to be two new versions of the vette, a hybrid and full electric. It said the full EV would be the fastest production EV in the world?
Old 04-29-2022, 02:40 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
I will have to see if I can find the article, it was auto or car and driver deal.

What I remember was they were going to be two new versions of the vette, a hybrid and full electric. It said the full EV would be the fastest production EV in the world?

I don't feel the need..... the need.... for speed!!!

I feel the need to be able to get in and out of the car without assistance (from it being so low). When they start to clone the full size SUVs (a la Toyota 4-Runner or Sequoia) as EVs, then I'll get more interested.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
I don't feel the need..... the need.... for speed!!!

I feel the need to be able to get in and out of the car without assistance (from it being so low). When they start to clone the full size SUVs (a la Toyota 4-Runner or Sequoia) as EVs, then I'll get more interested.
RIGHT!! My wifes SUV and my POS truck are great. A work buddy has some fancy schmancy Hyundai, I need a jib crane to get out of the damn thing. I will never own a car ever again. Besides how in heck do you haul a harvested animal in a car?
Old 04-29-2022, 05:50 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
RIGHT!! My wifes SUV and my POS truck are great. A work buddy has some fancy schmancy Hyundai, I need a jib crane to get out of the damn thing. I will never own a car ever again. Besides how in heck do you haul a harvested animal in a car?
Ironic you say that. I'm 6'1, although slim. I bought my first pickup truck in '19 when I retired. Never going back to a car again. Feel like a sardine, claustrophobic, and like my a$$ is dragging on the ground.
Now, I am getting the itch to buy sports car for funsies, but it won't be my daily.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.