COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Reloading Bench

Old 03-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
We drop serious coin on our rifles and pistols, so why not into reloading equipment? That always baffles me.
We'll probably not agree on cost, time because it is all about personal preferences. I have plenty of time, and am short on "income" ... but this quote from is one that I haven't heard before. And it has a strong ring of truth to it. So, maybe I need to look in my safe and get rid of a safe queen or two to finance a progressive.

Which will certainly light some fires around here. I would probably purchase the Hornady LNL, simply because its not blue. ROFL.... not really... just chuckling.

Good statement , you almost got me to roll over and buy a Dillon!

Da
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
We'll probably not agree on cost, time because it is all about personal preferences. I have plenty of time, and am short on "income" ... but this quote from is one that I haven't heard before. And it has a strong ring of truth to it. So, maybe I need to look in my safe and get rid of a safe queen or two to finance a progressive.

Which will certainly light some fires around here. I would probably purchase the Hornady LNL, simply because its not blue. ROFL.... not really... just chuckling.

Good statement , you almost got me to roll over and buy a Dillon!

Da
I have really enjoyed our back and forth banter. I truly see both sides of the coin. Always a pleasure conversing with you my friend.

Muwah....a kees for chu.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Alright Ell, we got him on the ropes now, time for Padre to get the beautiful blue machine!

I started prepping some brass today so I can make a video hopefully soon. Its such a great machine. Blue is so easy on the eyes!

This HAS been one great thread so far, couldn't agree more. Again I know its been states many times but on the "other" forum this would have had to be closed after the 5th reply due to a couple of idiots going off on each other.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:23 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
I think Gatorade checks and cleans each of his primer pockets.
Yes, yes I do. Every one every time. That doesn't even include military crimps that need to be removed. Dirty primer pockets getting a new primer shoved up there is like wearing the same underwear but just changing your pants. Looks fine on the outside but...

So dirty primer pockets means I need to clean, decap, then clean again. When you decap it also sizes so the only other steps are to flare, prime, powder and seat. Progressive might speed it up a little but not enough for me to upgrade my Rock Chucker yet.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

And I'll add probably the most informative discussion I've read yet.... Here Ya go! Its a Dillon Lee Hornady comparison... from someone who owns and likes each one...

http://www.comrace.ca/cmfiles/dillon...Comparison.pdf
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

I just skimmed it but will wait to read on a full screen on Monday. Looks interesting