COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Old 10-14-2014, 03:39 PM
COTEP Member

Default Had to share this, How many would train here?

https://www.facebook.com/22505228752...120165/?type=1
- Samuel Adams
Old 10-14-2014, 03:59 PM
COTEP Member

I am a peacemaker by nature, but I am prepared and willing to fire on another human being under the right circumstance. I do not believe we are hard wired to hurt another and it must be a pre established mindset in order to overcome our unwillingness to hurt someone. All that carry a gun need to have already come to terms with that dilemma. If they haven't or can't, not a problem and totally ok, but they should not carry a gun.
I would NEVER point a firearm at another person for training purposes. FOF is a great tool to see how you would respond and see what works and doesn't work.
I do not believe this is a good idea.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Page is unavailable
Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 PM
COTEP Member

Default page down

Looks like they realized it and took it down.
- Samuel Adams
Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 PM
COTEP Member

Default Taken down and why

I wish I knew how to post pics on here, I have the original.

Central State ing Group LLC
We have taken down the picture posted earlier of the drill in which the students were dry firing at the class instructors. This was done to get students used to pointing their guns at a real human. All guns were unloaded and checked multiple times to ensure they were empty. Our instructor that was in attendance chose to not participate due to safety concerns that seemed obvious to us. We asked for your thoughts and you all responded in huge numbers and overwhelmingly sided with us on this matter. The reason for taking the picture down is because as people shared the photo there was some confusion and some thought we were providing the training which of course is very untrue. We thank everyone for their input on this drill whichever side you were on. Also, we never meant to "front out" anyone and did not mention the name of the company but did use their photo from the class. Their uniform was recognized by some as a result. The post was simply meant to make people aware and choose their instructors wisely. Instead we started a small war and that we regret. Course content is very subjective and everyone has an opinion on how to instruct best. We understand fully and realize that folks come to our classes don't all agree with how we teach and that is ok. If everyone agreed we'd just need one school and instructor. What is not acceptable is lack of safety during a class, that we won't compromise on. The drill that was depicted was unacceptable no matter how it was conducted. That is our opinion and is the opinion of the majority of folks that commented. We are not in competition with the school in question and we encourage them to keep doing what they do if they think they are on the right track. We also encourage them to take a serious look at their safety protocols. When hundreds or thousands of folks disagree with you it might be time to take a look at what you do.
- Samuel Adams
Old 12-28-2014, 09:21 PM
COTEP Member

I know that I'd have no trouble shooting anyone that needed it; but that isn't something that I'd participate in.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.