COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:02 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
Not timed with knives. I know I had it slapped out fast last time I tried to practice Held it better later but still slow. I've always thought it's not worth to time it if you are too slow to count for anything and I’m slow.

Shooting, timed IWB OC (garments out of the way), best was first at 1.36, 6 under 2 secs COM to head. Drill with only 6 rounds. Fully covered… pff… first between 1.96-2.30 … all this more than a year ago… so totally not valid. For me speed is a very perishable skill. You don’t practice, you lose it.

But... real life... a lot have to do with reaction time and while the best average would be .25 (?) (human reaction to action-not drawing time), mine is really not close to that… and I would dare to say most people around the street go with minds somewhere else… so that adds up to much more… So my question to you, Brownie…. How important is timing when it is done under special conditions? When you are timed you are hyped for the buzz…. (It is like walking in a dangerous situation fully knowing what you are getting into). There is a surprise factor but you are half there already. At least for me, who trains for self-defense situations and not competitions nor professional responses, it’s a little senseless. Does it really give you useful information? If so… what information?

eta: when I said "Does it really give you useful information?" I did not mean "you" but anybody...like me
It does give useful information for future training to set guidelines of where you are presently in time and how your performance increases or decreases with regular training and when you haven't trained [ thus giving you and idea of the degradation you speak of.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
I'm timed at .43 seconds to the first shot from the holster open carried and .88-.94 from concealed to first shot. Splits run .14 [ on a good day ] to .20 seconds. That's 4-5 rounds a second running the trigger of either a G17 [ or any ] or a 1911. I might get another round per second with the shooter 1911 trigger weight.

The above from 6 feet using WW2 1/2 hip. This skill can be used out to 10-12 feet when you own the skill.
Well I wouldn't have guessed it but two weeks ago, draw from OWB open carry was on the order of ~1.5 sec for two COM shots, one on each of two perps at bad breath distance. With practice, I'm sure I can get that time down without loosing accuracy. That was one hellova confidence building drill you ran us through!

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2022 (now retired)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
-- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
-- H. Spencer
Old 11-21-2014, 01:08 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
Well I wouldn't have guessed it but two weeks ago, draw from OWB open carry was on the order of ~1.5 sec for two COM shots, one on each of two perps at bad breath distance. With practice, I'm sure I can get that time down without loosing accuracy. That was one hellova confidence building drill you ran us through!
All things are possible, your mind is the limiting factor

Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Founding Member

I am Good enough with my hands, Knife and gun that you really don't want to find out.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:52 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan65 View Post
I am Good enough with my hands, Knife and gun that you really don't want to find out.
Good enough?

I've never stopped training as I still don't feel I'm good enough.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:28 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Good enough?

I've never stopped training as I still don't feel I'm good enough.

Never said I've stopped training DID I?

I'm confident in my ability to defend myself at anytime. You of all people being the training GOD that you are should know that if you lack the confidence and have one Iota that you may be defeated then you are already defeated.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:12 PM
COTEP Member

I'm confident in my ability to defend myself at anytime.

That's nice.

You of all people being the training GOD that you are

You must be listening to some of the students or reading their reviews to make that statement. You couldn't have gotten it anywhere else. Appreciate your thoughts.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
I'm confident in my ability to defend myself at anytime.

That's nice.

You of all people being the training GOD that you are

You must be listening to some of the students or reading their reviews to make that statement. You couldn't have gotten it anywhere else. Appreciate your thoughts.

You are a PUTZ in my opinion, and these people here hang onto your every word......Fools......Yes I've watched a few of your videos, Nothing special samething all others are teaching.

You and I had words over on FCC about training.....You act like your method is the only method, You dismissed what I had to say. And if your were trying to be a smartass with your "That's nice' comment sorry but try that shit on some one who might really give a damn about you.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Anyone want some popcorn????
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

keep it civil, this ain't FCC
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Closed Thread