Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

thats beyond awesome...very intimidating
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thank you sir! I'm getting 1/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with Hornady TAP Ballistic Tip A-MAX.

Rifle is super smooth and the lighted recticle offers pin point accuracy. I might eventually get the Nightforce F1 when and if prices come down.

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpawmark View Post
Thank you sir! I'm getting 1/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with Hornady TAP Ballistic Tip A-MAX.
You've got to be freaking kidding us!!! Bolt guns take notice.

(and it's not even a Les Baer....yawn or LaRue).

Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Wish you were here grizz! You would love this thing! I'll get pics of the target up!

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.

Last edited by Southpawmark; 09-06-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Error
Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Pics are up on the photobucket link found on page 2. Rifle works flawless, can't wait for the Nightforce.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpawmark View Post
Pics are up on the photobucket link found on page 2. Rifle works flawless, can't wait for the Nightforce.

Nice,
I see you went with the FDE furniture, looks good. I have done a couple of things to mine recently which I will comment on in the next reply with pics.

How is that Burris scope, I have seen them but never picked one up. Is that thing heavy, how much does it weigh? I too have been thinking of Nightforce but the one I want is like $1600 or a bit more which is about what most good tactical scopes are costing these days. I would like to try US Optics but I would end up paying $2000 to $3000.
Well everyone is different when it comes to what they want to use there rifle for and what kind of glass they want to put on it. I want to get something like a Nightforce maybe a NXS.... But I just ordered a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 (TRTR22R) with the red triangle on top of a post. Its got 1/4 click MOA adjustments (1 click = 1/4" at 100 yards) . It should work fine for what I am use too and the range I am wanting to average at. I will eventually get a Nightforce or something nice like that as well. I am interested in seeing how well this Accupoint works with the dual illumination Fiber Optics & Tritium (which is adjustable for intensity-day or night). I like the idea of never needing batteries. We will see and of course I will post pics and a vid.

Anyways nice setup brother I love mine so I am sure you love yours just as much. Didn't you order 2 of the LMT308MWS's? When is the other one suppose to arrive?

O-Yea now that I see what that WCI ti muzzle brake looks like on there how do you like it and how much did it cut recoil by? That thing does look really nice. I know I am very happy with the PWS-FSC30 that I bought from one day when we where out shooting, it probably cut my felt recoil by about 40% I think. A nice Compensator is well worth the money and I am always up to find a new brand and style comp.

Thanks,

-Ryan S

Yea I have to say that my LMT 308 is my favorite now.
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Couple of mods...

Hey guys sorry I know I haven't been around for the past couple of weeks. I have been working out of town plus family drama...etc.

But here are a couple of Mods that I have done to my LMT308MWS.

1st - I installed a Noveske QD end plate. This was not easy. LMT really staked that Castle nut in place.

2nd - I installed a Magpul Enhanced trigger guard. Not hard just as long as you have the correct punches.

3rd - didn't really need it but I am now running a BCM gunfighter charging handle, 7.62mm with the MOD4 (I believe) medium latch. The stock LMT charging handle that comes on the LMT308 is actually really nice.

4th - if you haven't noticed I finally got rid of the Magpul Gen2 flip up backup sights and got some nice Troy Industries flip up battle sights (Noveske Marked). These are so much nicer than the Magpul's I had on there and When I use my EoTech setup the FTS magnifier has plenty of room.

5th - I think I might have posted this already but I got a PWS-FSC30 Muzzle brake from and this went on my 16" barrel. Awesome.

OK, that's what I have done to it so far.

NOW, I have ordered =

1 - LMT 20" barrel.
2 - Another PWS-FSC30 comp for the 20" barrel.
3 - Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 (TRTR22R) scope.
4 - American Defense Recon 30mm QD scope mount for the Accupoint.

I should have all my new goodies arriving Friday. I will do a video of the barrel comparison, barrel swap. Maybe a video on the Trijicon scope and AD mount.
Also I am still planning on doing a review video of the LMT308MWS setup but I have been waiting for my 20" barrel and scope so I can show how quick and easy it is to go from a 16" barrel with an EoTech style setup to a more precision rifle setup with a 20" barrel and a scope...etc.

Maybe for now I can post some short vids of the LMT308 functioning (just me having some fun at the range zeroing my EoTech and EoTech magnifier and just shooting it).

Thanks,

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Couple of vids.

These are nothing special, just me shooting my LMT308. Filmed with a digital camera on video mode.
I will be creating better videos soon. But I figured I would try out the YouTube feature we have now on the forum.

Me zeroing my EoTech and magnifier at 75 yards.

If this works out ok I will post more and make better ones especially the reviews I want to do.

Thanks,

-Ryan S
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops

Last edited by allrockabilly; 09-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The videos look good. When you plan to do another one, let me know......I can probably help run the camera.

You do need one of the shorter Harris HMRMS bipods or a LaRue 6-9" LM-S and LT706 QD Swivel Mount Combo. LaRue also offers a 9-13" model I may need to pick up also.

Ya, more money.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Love the video's! The 2nd LMT308MWS should be here the 1st week of October. Muzzle brake is awesome regarding recoil, In all honesty i would have to say around 45% reduction perhaps more.

Burris Eliminator is around 16 ounces in weight, shot groups are very decent and is very accurate for wildgame kill shots.

I will be ordering the Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS Illuminated Recticle here in a few weeks. Have not decided between the MLR or the NP-R1 Recticle. Will cost around $2K