COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 10-16-2014, 12:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
IMO, anything on the sides could give stress due to weight distribution. Some people get relief in Appendix carry.

If you cannot wear belts, suspenders are a great solution. it would move the tension and weight management to your shoulders and distribute it better. I know several guys who wear them and cannot go back to belts. If that works, you don't have to worry about pistol weight or size. In fact, one of the guys I know who wears suspenders does it because he's too skinny and carry a heavy pistol
Thanks , that's why I was leaning towards the Galco Miami Classic or the Galco Cassic Lite. They have mag pouches to counter the weight of the pistol. Belt holsters are not an option at all. Like you mention I would benefit a system that would let my shoulders to bear the weight. I have a hard enough time walking normal, let alone something weighing my pants down is going to worsen my balance and gait.

Other options I was looking at:
Thunderwear/Kramer Tshirt (skeptical)
Truss Belly Band/Kangaroo carry/Deepconceal.com
Old 10-16-2014, 12:55 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
+1

I have a Remora for my S&W Airweight and it works as advertised!

Also, do you have a gun small enough for pocket carry? If you do, I highly recommend a pocket holster from Bob Mika.
That was what I'm trying to decide on. Find a rig for my current guns taht are heavier and harder to conceal, or get a pocket pistol and just make my life easier.

I'm looking at the Kahr PM9 or CM9, and the Sig 938. heavily weighing towards the Sig for SA trigger.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:20 PM
COTEP Member

How about one of them back support things with suspenders that guys wear to lift stuff? Just attach a holster.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 10-16-2014, 01:57 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
How about one of them back support things with suspenders that guys wear to lift stuff? Just attach a holster.
You have to be careful wearing these a long period. They could affect the kidneys as I understand it due to elastic pressure in back area. I used to wear one in a previous job and the recomendation was to loosen it up when not lifting because of this, even if not worn tight. No idea if medically accurate.
"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions."
COTEP#CBOB0760
Old 10-16-2014, 01:58 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
So far the only suggestion that will probably work!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Thanks , that's why I was leaning towards the Galco Miami Classic or the Galco Cassic Lite. They have mag pouches to counter the weight of the pistol. Belt holsters are not an option at all. Like you mention I would benefit a system that would let my shoulders to bear the weight. I have a hard enough time walking normal, let alone something weighing my pants down is going to worsen my balance and gait.

Other options I was looking at:
Thunderwear/Kramer Tshirt (skeptical)
Truss Belly Band/Kangaroo carry/Deepconceal.com
Why don't you get a pair of non expensive suspenders on any retail store, loose jeans, any holster and any gun and do thet test? Just wear suspenders under tshirt if you are fashion sensitive and maybe wear a bigger size of shirt...?

I cannot wear shoulder holters but explored several possibilities when starting to conceal carry. Women have our own challenges. I evaluated suspenders, but never tried it as I found a good system that works for me. While trying, juts got the heavier gun I had in a cheap $10 pancake holster and play around where to carry it.
"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions."
COTEP#CBOB0760
Old 10-16-2014, 03:01 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
Why don't you get a pair of non expensive suspenders on any retail store, loose jeans, any holster and any gun and do thet test? Just wear suspenders under tshirt if you are fashion sensitive and maybe wear a bigger size of shirt...?

I cannot wear shoulder holters but explored several possibilities when starting to conceal carry. Women have our own challenges. I evaluated suspenders, but never tried it as I found a good system that works for me. While trying, juts got the heavier gun I had in a cheap $10 pancake holster and play around where to carry it.
Yea I'm beginning to give up on carry options and about to just get a new bug that will stow anywhere. I still can't wear jeans comfortably yet. If I did I would be limited to 2-4 hours before pain and discomfort set in. I have suspenders at home and a clip holster for my M&Pc. I will try this out with athletic pants and see if it's remotely do able! Also will try my buddys shoulder holster, but like you said I don't think I will like it, and I think with my size it will print. Otherwise I'm afraid I'm going to try all different things, spend money, and end up realizing I should have just got a new gun!
Old 10-16-2014, 03:06 PM
COTEP Member

If the titanium was put is last December, shouldn't you be OK by now?

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 10-16-2014, 03:21 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
If the titanium was put is last December, shouldn't you be OK by now?
You would think so, and I was hoping so. My discs were competely herniated and smashed the nerves. I'm liucky I wasn't paralyzed and I may have permanent damage. I was in this state for over a year and I had a lot of nerve damage from it and a prior surgery in 2004. My last surgery took 2 1/2 years for my nerves to quiet down without implants. I'm having a pretty hard time on and off with nerve pain, muscle spasms, and mostly discomfort in any position. No meds but a drink of whiskey takes the edge off. When I get muscles spasms it feels like a cheese grater, as they rub against the titanium. I sleep 2-4 hours a night before I wake up from tossing and turning from discomfort. I had a job interview last week. I was able to wear a belt for 2 hours before shooting pains started hindering walking. I wear khakis without a belt when me and my wife go out. From what the doctor tells me it takes a year for the vertebrae to fuse, which I am feeling pretty solid, and it takes another year for the nerves to quiet down. I wish I was in better shape for sure.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

P938 in Bullard Dual Carry daylight to dark That's my $.02 .