COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 05-01-2016, 02:23 PM
COTEP Member

Default GunTV

Being so busy now with Little League, I have found a new late night interest, when my family is sleeping. Gun TV. They have some really good prices on some guns. This Heritage Rough Rider...in .22 and .22 Mag..... $159.99....Somehow they claim there is no transefer fee. Anybody know how they beat the transfer fee?

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-01-2016, 09:32 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

https://www.guntv.tv/how-it-works
Old 05-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

Jake has one of those in .22 LR only...129 bucks from Buds. Had to do a transfer fee
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 05-01-2016, 11:20 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Doesn't explain jack about transfer fees. They say no transfer fees on TV, but nobody says if a person can use any FFL or just ones that are in their network. I am missing suttin.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:50 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Doesn't explain jack about transfer fees. They say no transfer fees on TV, but nobody says if a person can use any FFL or just ones that are in their network. I am missing suttin.
"You*pay a 20% deposit. Your firearm is delivered to the licensed dealer you select based upon your zip code.Your dealer contacts you as soon as your order arrives, inviting *you to visit your dealer to complete the required paperwork.You pay the remaining balance when you pick up your order and you have passed your background check."

According to this paragraph, they state that "Your" dealer will contact you. So, I'm assuming you tell them where to send it. The reason there is no transfer fee is because, the firearms are going from dealer to dealer. You just pay for the background check. It works like buying a gun online or at your LGS. At least, that's how I'm reading it.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That's how I'm reading it. The paperwork is no different than having the gunshop order a gun for you from a dealer.

I went online and looked at what they had. Not a lot of selection, but I'm guessing it changes frequently, so you just have to keep looking. They only had one shotgun.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 05-02-2016, 09:50 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
That's how I'm reading it. The paperwork is no different than having the gunshop order a gun for you from a dealer.

I went online and looked at what they had. Not a lot of selection, but I'm guessing it changes frequently, so you just have to keep looking. They only had one shotgun.

They are hawking a few guns on TV....Citadel 1911, hunting rifles, Beretta Pico pistol....I think they just need to grow, probably need to build money in the bank to offer more products.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Interesting.