Old 12-18-2015, 03:15 AM
COTEP Member

CCW check.
Length = during the current adminstration
So about eight years, seems longer.
EDC = Dan Wesson V Bob.
Before that was a Sig P239 in .357 Sig.
Sometimes I use to carry my 50 GI.
Have been known to throw on my coonan .357 mag on a rare occasion.
Always...
Front pocket back up EDC LCR in 38+p.
With one of the above.

In all fairness since getting the V Bob it has become my go to 90+% of the time.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

As of this fall, this is my cool weather EDC. I have started wearing an unlined cotton canvas jacket when it's too warm for a real jacket, just so I can carry this rig.

Sig Fastback Carry in .45.

I like the extreme cant on that holster because I can move the pistol farther back and still be able to draw easily. And then a gust of wind won't expose my rig. And while driving, the pistol is not blocked by the seat belt and is easy to draw.

You might notice that the mags are loaded to capacity-1. I found that in IDPA competition, I would often fail to seat the mag fully on a tactical reload, and then it would drop out when I fired a shot. Leaving one round out makes it much easier to seat the mag. It also is easier on the springs.

That is a Leatherman Wingman that I sometime wear inside my belt. If I wear it outside it tends to work it's way off. And the light is an UltraFire with a 14500 li-ion battery that I generally carry in my pocket. It also likes to work itself off my belt.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 12-18-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:55 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I've had a Texas permit since 2009, an OK permit since 2014, and here's my rig:

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Old 12-18-2015, 07:04 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

I like the rattler grips Michael!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:48 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I just went through all ten pages... I can't believe that I never responded to this thread. Well... with a bunch of new guys coming up... Maybe my post will prompt them to post theirs too. So... here goes:

One of these... clockwise from the left. Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm, Dan Wesson Patriot or my current favorite... my Dan Wesson CCO.

How do I carry? IWB with a custom made holster from Lane Spier...aka Lasko Leather. I thought the praying hands was a nice touch, and he named the model "The Preacher".

EDC also includes a Cold Steel 350. aka a "Gibbs knife" from NCIS. No picture on that one.

First permit was in 1985 from CT, it is now an out of state permit for me. Current State is Tennessee and I also have the Utah permit. So I can carry in all but 7 or 8 states, and I don't want to go to any of them anyhow! NY, NJ, RI, MA, IL, CA, CO and I think... Oregon.
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:27 PM
COTEP Member

Florida permit since 2010, carry everyday everywhere not prohibited by law.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:40 PM
COTEP Member

New York State for years, Florida for 9 and Maine since I can remember. Carry most days I am out and about. WC Spec-ops 9

Carry in the car .... always... DW Guardian 38 Super w/ reworked WC ivory grips.

NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Last edited by pony up; 12-19-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:52 PM
COTEP Member

Yes....about 15 years or so....usually carry a Colt 9mm 5 inch.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:17 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMVET72 View Post
If you have one, how long have you had one? And let see your EDC and carry rig and BUG , etc................

Initially, I took a "multi-state CCW" course offered in (of all places), NJ! For the course fee, they covered everything (training, fingerprints, completion of forms, Notary services, photographs, etc.)... everything except the application fees themselves, for each state you wished. They offer four states in total (UT, AZ, FL, VA). I took all but VA, as the "non-res" fee was a little pricey, and I was covered in VA by the other states. For FL, the course did offer a live fire qualification portion, but it was BYOG/A. They supplied the range and targets. The facility was the Quinton Sportsmens Club in Salem NJ, but i understand, now that the course is "mobile" and will travel to wherever in the NJ/Del/PA area anyone would like to host it.

I applied for the three states (AZ, FL, UT, all non-res) in the 03/15/2014 time frame, and received all back roughly 2 months later. As of today, my FL CWFL is now a "resident" CWFL. My EDC is a "Shield 9mm" with 8 rnd mags, but I'm thinking about changing to a SIG Sauer P320 Sub compact for EDC and making the Shield the BUG. I'll have to see how it feels to fire, first, but I do like the extra mag capacity (+4 as compared to the Shield). Hopefully, it will result in better groupings (the Shield is still scattering just a tad), but I have to check that first. I'm getting very good groupings with my full sized SIG Sauer P226, but it's too big to EDC concealed.

We'll see.

I

Last edited by FfNJGTFO; 06-12-2016 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I've had my CCW for 10 years. My EDC is a Kahr PM4544N. I carry it in a Jefferies Custom Leather IWB holster. I also carry my DW CCO, and Sig P238. I carry both in Jefferies Holsters.
I want to take this opportunity to wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

D.W.CCO/Cotep 0436

Last edited by kramm; 12-21-2017 at 01:28 PM.