COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 05-24-2014, 02:36 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark1007 View Post
I have a small room in the back of garage. It is maybe 6x10 and I have one of those portable AC units ducted outside thru a 4" hole. It exhausts condensate with the air.

I additionally have Eva Dry dehumidifiers, one in each safe, the kind you heat in electric plug to recharge when damp and a freestanding EvaDry unit with a 16 ounce reservoir. Everything seems to work, but I do occasionally get a little mold stuff in the dead holster drawer. Guns look fine.

Any suggestions MMJ? I don't really have room for big bags of desiccant in the safes.
You can put handfuls of ones in my video in corners. I don't put those huge bags in the safes, I have smaller bags I put desiccants in and toss them in any nook or cranny of the safe, two months stay in time.
You can also go to the Dollar Store-Dollar General and buy the little tub desiccants. Tear to protective top off, put in safe, when crystals are kaput water will be in the tub, throw away. The Dollar type stores sell them for 1/3 of the regular stores.
Any mold is a great warning sign. I had mold in a corner of my "man room" up in SC, turned out was a roof leak.....52K in damage. In another few months the house would have been totaled had I not seen the mold.
Was it you that was making the room dehumidified a while back on FCC?

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-24-2014, 03:00 PM
COTEP Member

Thanks, pal. Off to the dollar store,
It wasn't me on FCC.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:53 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post

I rent so it can't be secured properly. It won't fit through the doorway unless it's on end. With as much ammo as I have in it, picking it up will require two very large men. If you are truly concerned you can bolt it to the floor and then fill the feet with concrete. Also helps if you place weights in the bottom.
I like the box idea and I never knew about the desiccants at the mattress store. Looks like two field trips this weekend for me.