COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 09-02-2015, 04:59 PM
COTEP Member

My wife and I have taken classes with Bob at Gator. Great facility.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Thanks everyone, looks like I'll be in good hands at Gator.

Hey Bob, do you mind if I name drop you?
Old 12-21-2015, 01:49 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
Sounds good Joe, let me know.

Gator guns does have three(?) lanes, I believe. I will check them out. Actually found out that Gander Mountain and Dicks also have lanes.

I'm going to look for a bow in the $300 to $500 range to start. I don't want to dig too deep in case I don't care for the sport. unlikely but, we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGator View Post
In seriousness, I seem to recall mentioning Gators Guns & Archery in Palm Beach. I have been there. They have an indoor archery range[?]. They have a large selection of bows, arrows, etc. I understand they offer instruction as well. Don't know how far you are from there.

Best of luck with the new sport/hobby.
Of course he never PMd me.... Now I found this searching something else.

Gator has separate range for archery. No lanes there but limited capacity. they also sell equipment.

When I took the RSO class with Bob, his daughter happened to be there and she hunts with bow also. I mentioned my daughter's interest in archery and she recommended her former instructor. I have his business card and email and got a formal class for A. He provided everything and the class was great. She was shooting bulleyes the full hour. She's too young for more than that, but got the basics and I had all the explanations I might ask. including equipment recommendations and wonderful advice. The guy is great. If you still need his info, shoot me a PM. He's been a competition shooter and is great with kids. Also recommended the appropriate equipment based in pounds and strength... considering my daughter tough constitution and muscular built and ... yours... I believe you could get a compound set for something between $200-300 with adjustable pounds as needed. I wouldn't buy anything without consulting someone who knows first.

LG, Gator's archery range is on the same building but to the left of the store. The fee is really low (I seem to recall $5.00?). The space accommodates few archers, so I'm not sure if they rent it exclusively only. We rented for an hour and paid the class. We were there alone. Since then she hasn't stopped bugging me about the next one, but she has to earn that with good grades.

And to the original question... I'm not a doctor or a psychiatrist or a psychologist, but I firmly believe that yes, , you need professional help.
"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions."
COTEP#CBOB0760
Old 12-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I would get a cheaper crossbow at first. I have a Diamond Axiom. If you get into it you can spend Dan Wesson money on a crossbow.

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria