COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 12-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Automated sniping is one of the infuriating things about bidding on eBay. You'll have a winning bid right up until the moment the bidding ends and then suddenly lose it by a small margin without any chance to put in a competing bid.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 12-12-2020, 08:02 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
Automated sniping is one of the infuriating things about bidding on eBay. You'll have a winning bid right up until the moment the bidding ends and then suddenly lose it by a small margin without any chance to put in a competing bid.

Precisely why they implemented this "15 minute Rule...." on Gunbroker.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:25 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Cool beans! GB has some good deals if you are lucky. Congratulations on the 226.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2020, 08:50 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

I sell a few things on Ebay but rarely buy anything there. Its a sh%t show. Even selling is tough, you have to overcharge 15% to cover all the fees so its really difficult. I am about done with ebay for everything.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:26 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Cool beans! GB has some good deals if you are lucky. Congratulations on the 226.

Just took delivery on it this morning. NIB in total pristine condition, well oiled and everything looks great! With the exception of Paypal, this was a flawless transaction! Looking forward to doing my JM Pro next month.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:28 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
I sell a few things on Ebay but rarely buy anything there. Its a sh%t show. Even selling is tough, you have to overcharge 15% to cover all the fees so its really difficult. I am about done with ebay for everything.

I learned quickly that eBay was not worth the trouble.... Honestly, I sold more things better on Craig's List.

Gunbroker, however, seems to be quite reputable, as long as you vet the merchants.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:40 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Yeah eBay sucks.

Old 12-16-2020, 05:30 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
Just took delivery on it this morning. NIB in total pristine condition, well oiled and everything looks great! ....
Congrats !!
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:47 AM
COTEP Member

Did you receive any 'From: Me - To: Me' Christmas presents to help move your build along?
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:32 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
Did you receive any 'From: Me - To: Me' Christmas presents to help move your build along?

No, I didn't, and if it were "me to me..." I wouldn't trust it.

I fear my "confidence" might not be as "built" as I need it to be to finish the build.Getting the gas tube aligned with the block via roll pin and then that assembly directly over the barrel port is an obstacle, even with the "spaghetti" pieces helping me. How have all of you done that and tested it, effectively? Once that's done, then it's a matter of fitting the HG on and ensuring the Gas tube meets the upper receiver port properly. I guess I'll only know how successful that may be by test firing. And, I'll need a place for that as I'm not able to discharge a weapon around where I live (too dense a population). I wish there were a way to "simulate" the gas action of firing a round.... maybe by putting a high pressure hose inside the barrel and then blasting air through it to simulate an action cycle, without actually expelling a projectile. The person who could invent that would certainly make a million!

To be honest, I wonder why the "roll pin" was invented in the first place. What do they do that another fastener could not? Ah well... I guess if you attempted "nuts & bolts" in place of them, one or both could catch on something and cause you problems. There has to be a better way, though.

Anyway, I'm still resolved to get it done. But I might need a little advice per the above. Also, I have been distracted a little by needing to "secure" (not "hoard" mind you, but "secure" .... ) what parts, etc. I need for the other three lowers I have (barrels, uppers, parts kits, trigger groups, etc.) before Kamala gets to decree. I have to wonder if that's more of a priority then replacing my lost inventory items. Although I am going for the JM Pro, next. Maybe a couple of others if we get that "stimulus," shortly. If they're going to give it to me, anyway, I may as well put it to good use.

I'll keep all posted. Whatever help you can offer in re: gas tube/block placement, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Arnold.

PS. My P320 Sub compact comes back from the Sig Sauer factory in NH, tomorrow, after it's free "voluntary upgrade." So that will be a relief!

Last edited by FfNJGTFO; 12-27-2020 at 10:04 AM.