COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 02-21-2021, 04:02 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Any Thoughts?

So I don't know how of you are aware of what the Demoholes are up to. On January 4th a House Resolution was introduced HR 127. It is an outright attack on your 2nd amendment rights in oh so many ways. It was introduced by the Rep from Texas, she is the one that cosponsored and is pushing the removal of the Castle doctrine in the state legislature. You can read it here:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr127/text

So I wrote Rep. for what good it will do ( he's a Demohole to the core) but I voiced my opinion...

Rep. Kilmer,
I am writing you today as I became aware of HR 127 a bill that I find to be one of the most egregious violations of my constitutional rights ever written. I say this this because the very text is aimed at me and other law abiding citizens for express purpose of identifying me / my family as gun owners, registering me and restricting what I can lawfully own whether or not I have committed a crime. I am 65 years old I have carried for self-defense since I was 18. I have been in the service of this country in the Navy and the DoD since I was 19. I find it very disconcerting that the moment the Democratic Party acquires a majority in the government law making process that they would attack my rights and wellbeing. How can I say this you ask?
1. I will be required to apply for a federal license (at what cost?) to possess a firearm and or ammunition. After applying I will be required to submit to another background check, this one under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act which has nothing to do with lawful possession or ownership, along with caveat of added state regulation.
2. I will be required to undergo a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm. Under what guidelines or who’s agenda? Who will be paying for said psychological evaluation? As with the implied public gun registry will the results of the psychological evaluation be public record?
3. I will be required to successfully complete a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and that demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
I find this bill nothing more than an attempt to criminalize the law abiding citizen while giving the federal government the ability to pursue the privacy of its citizens and unfairly tax the exercising of one’s constitutional rights. As one with prior military service I already know that the PTSD card will be played even though I have served and supported DoD security and local law enforcement for the last 45 years.

Any thoughts...

COTEP 439
The Following User Says Thank You to Horse'nround For This Useful Post:
RKP (02-22-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 05:29 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

She has been doing this for a while now. Crazy lady.

If you read thought this entire 19 page bill you know it will not pass. Min jail time of 7-15 years per violation? Never happen. Penalties of 5-75K per violation? Never happen. Was introduced 6 weeks ago, no action, no support, not even a whisper. Hell even the gun groups are not talking about this so that is a clue. This is not one to worry about. To big, too much for them to handle in one shot. She has a history of doing wacky bills like this just to get her name out and saying hey I am trying. Just a PR snow job.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:07 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

True is in Judiciary where it will hopefully die a quiet dark death. Just remember something like this can slip out of committee and on the the floor for discussion and vote at the drop of a hat while some other A$$hat demohole bill is in the lime light and whose to say they won't section off a clause or 2 and attach it to another bill. They did that here and now we have this dipshit definition of an assault weapon, "Any weapon that uses ANY portion of the gas or pressure from the cartridge to cycle the action of said weapon is an ASSAULT WEAPON"
Yes even your little Ruger 10-22 or your old tube fed Winchester, Remmington, Marlin or Savage. They don't care they're on the ASSULT WEAPONS list and if they change hands in this state, they go on the permanent Department of Licensing registry. I trust none of them what so ever.

COTEP 439
Old 02-22-2021, 06:43 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse'nround View Post
...... I trust none of them what so ever.
Well said and I totally agree !!
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:02 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Yes even your little Ruger 10-22 or your old tube fed Winchester, Remmington, Marlin or Savage. They don't care they're on the ASSULT WEAPONS list and if they change hands in this state, they go on the permanent Department of Licensing registry. I trust none of them what so ever.
this is why it is a dead issue. Way to broad, now if they were after one specific type again like the AR platform or such then yes, the worry would be legit but this time its just a moon shot.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:02 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

But still, none of them can be trusted for sure.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:14 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
But still, none of them can be trusted for sure.
You can trust a lib to spend their life trying to screw over decent folk at every opportunity; real or imagined.

There outta’ be a bounty on ‘em...

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
You can trust a lib to spend their life trying to screw over decent folk at every opportunity; real or imagined.

Around here people are usually not very vocal of being one...SD is very Republican…..its great.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, my Congressman must have heard you... He already responded, in true politician fashion.

Dear Mr. Amundsen,
Thank for you for contacting me regarding the regulation of firearms in our country. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.
Over the years that I’ve been honored to serve as your representative, I’ve gotten calls and emails on this issue more than perhaps any other. I’ve heard from responsible, law-abiding folks who follow the laws and own guns for sport, hunting, hobby, or home protection. And I’ve heard from folks who are heartbroken after a tragedy has occurred or who have been personally affected by a shooting. I respect all of those perspectives.
Like most folks in our area, I don’t support legislation that would take away guns from law-abiding citizens or infringe on their Second Amendment right to own and buy firearms for sport, hunting, hobby, or home protection. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and understand that the vast majority of gun owners follow the laws. The approach of public policymakers should acknowledge and respect that reality.
As you are aware, Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) introduced the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act (H.R. 127). This legislation would establish a new federal licensing and registration process for all firearms and certain types of ammunition that would require applicants to submit to a criminal background check and psychological evaluation, complete a certified gun-safety training course, and carry an approved liability insurance policy.
You asked me to vote against this bill, and I can tell you that it’s highly unlikely this bill will be brought forward for a vote. It was introduced more than 18 months ago, does not have any cosponsors, and has not even received a hearing. While there have been hearings and even votes on some common-sense proposals to improve public safety, this bill hasn’t gained much traction. Having said that, I appreciate you taking the time to weigh in with your thoughts. Please know that I will keep them in mind if Congress considers legislation. I encourage you to continue to share your views with me on this topic or any other issue. Thank you for reaching out. I am honored to serve as your representative.

Sincerely,

Derek Kilmer
Member of Congress

Nuff said... I think not!

COTEP 439
Old 02-23-2021, 09:54 AM
COTEP Member

At least Rep. Kilmer (or someone on his behalf) responded to your message/email, most would not of.

Quote:
...... Nuff said... I think not!
^^^^ This !
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.