COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 12-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts
Angry Gander Outdoors!

Gander Outdoors, ( Roanoke, VA) Lost ALL My Business Forever. Tried going in there to Buy a Firearm today and was Told No Mask No Entry. I Explained I can't wear one for Medical Reasons, and was told, sorry, we don't allow anyone in without a Mask! Their Corporate #866-232-8990
Flood their Phone Lines with Complaints! I already did!

Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to dw1911 For This Useful Post:
Sheepdog (12-15-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 07:29 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw1911 View Post
Gander Outdoors, ( Roanoke, VA) Lost ALL My Business Forever. Tried going in there to Buy a Firearm today and was Told No Mask No Entry. I Explained I can't wear one for Medical Reasons, and was told, sorry, we don't allow anyone in without a Mask! Their Corporate #866-232-8990
Flood their Phone Lines with Complaints! I already did!

TBH, I'm amazed you haven't received that same response from a bunch of other retailers. While the FL govt. does not require the wearing of a mask in public, the private businesses/retailers, etc. do require them when you enter their facilities or when you use transportation systems (i.e. Uber/Lyft, etc.) to get to them. Does your grocery store not require it? I use Wally World and they definitely require one. My hair salon is open but they also require one, at least when you are in the waiting area (when you're actually in a chair, they don't, but the stylist does wear one).

Or do you get your groceries delivered?
Old 12-13-2020, 10:13 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
TBH, I'm amazed you haven't received that same response from a bunch of other retailers. While the FL govt. does not require the wearing of a mask in public, the private businesses/retailers, etc. do require them when you enter their facilities or when you use transportation systems (i.e. Uber/Lyft, etc.) to get to them. Does your grocery store not require it? I use Wally World and they definitely require one. My hair salon is open but they also require one, at least when you are in the waiting area (when you're actually in a chair, they don't, but the stylist does wear one).

Or do you get your groceries delivered?
No, Wal Mart does not enforce it, neither do any of the other retail stores
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-14-2020, 01:28 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

All evidence indicate masks do not protect against catching COVID or spreading it.
I have Not been wearing one since this began, I go everywhere, I am over 60 and smoke.
I am Healthy and have not caught anything. I do take Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, and Zinc Supplements Daily
I have several Friends that are RN's at the Hospital, They DO Wear Masks, Gloves, etc. They DID Catch COVID, They got over it, but caught it.
They do Not take the supplements I mentioned. These Friends are Younger than Me as well.
Opinions? Comments?
Furthermore, I Refuse to be a Slave to a Tyrannical Governor or Government Agency
God is My Protection, My Faith is my Mask
Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-14-2020, 04:07 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw1911 View Post
No, Wal Mart does not enforce it, neither do any of the other retail stores

Apparently, the Wal-Mart people at my store haven't got the memo, yet. I saw a person being forbidden entry for not wearing one. And Uber/Lyft still require one when in a driver's vehicle. My hair salon also still requires one in the client waiting area.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:48 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

We only have a dumb city mandate that is not enforceable by law. Our Gov. will not do any mandate of any type. Its about 50/50 around town actually. Most stores have given up on enforcing the masks.

I love SD
Old 12-14-2020, 08:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

We only have a dumb city mandate that is not enforceable by law. Our Gov. will not do any mandate of any type. Its about 50/50 around town actually. Most stores have given up on enforcing the masks.

I love SD
Old 12-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

We occasionally have someone come in at the range and tell us that. We sympathize, but we can’t let them in.
We’re a small business in a state that is not gun friendly. All they need is an excuse to shut us down.
We explain this people, but they get upset anyway.
You’re dammed if you do and damned if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:37 PM
COTEP Member

tell anyone who challenges you that they are violating the americans with disabilities acts. if reported it will cost the offenders $75,000

Last edited by boatdoc; 12-15-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:09 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
tell anyone who challenges you that they are violating the americans with disabilities acts. if reports it will cost the offenders $75,000
Do you have a link or legal code for that? If so, please share
Thomas Jefferson