COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 07-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Advantage Arms conversion kit

Seeing 's post about his conversion kit made me decide I needed one. So browsing the website I found a commander version for hundred less only because its not the current model. It fits nice on my full size RIA. Its a little different to put on. There is a threaded rod that screws into the barrel lug that tightens against the slide stop. It works and did not notice any loosening up through shooting. The finish matches the rock very well. And the FCS aren't too horrible.

Shooting is a dream comes supplied with 1 10rd magazine with an extra mag for $25. Suggests swapping to a lighter mainspring. I don't have one but ran almost perfectly. The slide does lock back on last round which is nice. The company suggests mine mags and Remington golden bullets. It even shot the lead bulk packs although I would shoot prolonged with them as I can imagine wont run 100% for long. Only had a few jams in the hundreds of rounds I have ran through it. Each was during speedy firing and the spent case was parallel to the new case in the chamber just above it holding the slide open. I couldn't get in on camera as soon as I tried it quit doing it. I hope to resolve this by swapping out mainsprings.

Accuracy was way better than I expected for some reason I was picturing crappy groups. The adjustable sights work great and kept all shots in a 5in circle at 10-15 yards up to rapid fire. What really impressed me was hitting a steel plate at 100yds more than once and other shots weren't that far off. Over all very happy with $200 total purchase.

RIA frame all fusion parts and beautiful grips by Dale (dsparkie)

And for fun with the CCO
Cotep #464

Just living life and appreciating every day

Last edited by CalWhit33; 07-09-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Hey Cal, very nice review! I have flirted with the Idea of getting a conversion kit. Just haven't taken the plunge yet Good lookin shootin Irons you got there,and thanks for the little plug at the end
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here is my Advantage Arms target Model on a dedicated RIA frame!! I lapped the slide assembly and frame together for a perfect fit!!!

It is an excellent shooter and will bang the X out every time at the range!!!

I know, I have a hex head grip screw missing.............I have a post out for one in the WTS/WTT section!!

The slide and frame actually do match in color but it does not look like it in the picture.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 07-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I still really like that model. I wanted something for plinking that would hit steel plates at 10 yards and I can't complain about mine especially for the price. If I were to get a full size that would be the one I'd get but again this one kind of fell in my lap.

Your right your frame looks od green
Cotep #464

Just living life and appreciating every day
Old 07-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Very nice guns guys... Im going to have to look into this to see if there is a possibilty of getting one put together.

The Present is the instant flash of reality in which the ever approaching Future becomes the Past..................

The Constitution is my Caesar