COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 08-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That railed handguard looks longer than 12". LMT's website doesn't offer much in the way of detailed specs, like rail length, weight, barrel profile, etc. The barrel profile appears to be fairly light, but can't tell for sure in the photos. Where's the balance point of the rifle with a loaded or unloaded PMag?

I really like the extra weight of the UBR with the 20" tube of my 308. It balances at the 3rd from the front rail slot on the upper receiver (with irons). With a 16" barrel and SOPMOD, your probably points pretty well.....just somewhat heavy compared to an AR.

Last edited by Grizzman; 08-14-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
That railed handguard looks longer than 12". LMT's website doesn't offer much in the way of detailed specs, like rail length, weight, barrel profile, etc. The barrel profile appears to be fairly light, but can't tell for sure in the photos. Where's the balance point of the rifle with a loaded or unloaded PMag?

I really like the extra weight of the UBR with the 20" tube of my 308. It balances at the 3rd from the front rail slot on the upper receiver (with irons). With a 16" barrel and SOPMOD, your probably points pretty well.....just somewhat heavy compared to an AR.

Sorry guys I know I haven't posted more pics and I am still working on time to put at least a quick table top review together for YouTube but that should be done soon.
I need a better camcorder to record at the range but I will record what I can tomorrow or by this coming weekend.

I know, LMT doesn't give you much at all as far as specs on this gun, just the bare minimum(They say there site is being worked on and will be updated eventually). I have been trying to look up better specs online and I am reading different reviews and I will do the best I can for now. In the video I wil try and cover what I have found and know - I have started making a list of specs some I got from existing videos from LMT at shot show 2010 but I know they have made some changes in the BCG as far as different coatings, gas venting holes...etc and I think the new models come with an updated Bolt that has a redesigned ejector/ Extractor.

The rifle weighs in (Unloaded of course) at just under 10 pounds, it's like 9.9lbs. A lot of weight is in the Barrel. The barrel is pretty heavy duty and I think a lot of that is how they engineered it for the quick change barrel system with the Monolithic rail system. I have read some people are thinking about taking one of there barrels for there LMT308MWS to someone who can maybe lighten it up by maybe making it fluted. I don't know about that. The rifle is definitely front heavy with that barrel but loaded it adds more weight in the middle and kinda helps balance it out. I might experiment some day with a different Buttstock especially when I get a 20" barrel.

I will do some measurements on the rail too but I do believe it's a 12" but it looks and feels bigger because of the area that has the two bolts for the quick change barrel but I could be wrong I will measure and let you know.

Well I have to run off to work but I will do my best on finding more precise specs and measurements and get them posted.
Also I will work on finishing the video. I will probably just sound like a rambling fool but o-well at least it might give some people an idea of what this rifle is about.

Gotta run,

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Sorry all I know I have been slacking when coming up with new pics, specs, range report and of course a table top review video and maybe a range vid.

Anyways I hit the range again on Wednesday and met there and we installed his new BABC Battle Comp onto his 308 and I ended up purchasing his PWS-FSC30 that was on his 308. So we ended up installing the PWS-FSC30 onto my LMT 308 (yaa got rid of the cheap birdcage A2 flash hider) and WOW just by putting a nice Muzzle Brake on there reduced recoil by probably 40% or so, I am now totally in love with my new LMT308MWS.

By the way that BABC Battle Comp that has on his 308 now is Bad to the bone too. It looks awesome and performs just the same. We where so caught up in playing with the rifles and shooting I forgot to take good videos. But I should be hitting the Range Tomorrow and I will hopefully get at least some OK quality video clips.

I have been messing around with filming a table top style review of the LMT 308 and I do have a vid put together but I might redo it because I am kinda all over the place, it's really just me rambling on about the rifle and since the actual specs for the rifle are hard to come by I have just been doing the best I can with what I have read.

I guess I will post a video by the end of this weekend, but I will probably sound like a fool but keep in mind these are my first actual Table Top Reviews I have done on any gun, and if there are things that I leave out I might do a part 2 video and if anyone else knows anything about the rifle that I don't mention please comment on it because there has been changes made to certain parts of this rifle since it was first introduced a couple of years ago...Blah, blah, blah.

Well here are a few pics with my New EoTech and My EoTech 3x Magnifier mounted on the LMT 308 and with the new PWS-FSC30 compensator installed. Plus she's nice and dirty, I have been to the range twice now and have fired 200 rounds through her and so far not one hiccup or failure in any way + I have not really cleaned the rifle yet neither just used a Boresnake on the bore and added some Wilson Combat Oil. She runs like a dream.

I just ordered my Troy flip up BUIS for the LMT308 and some other Misc parts and goodies. I tell you this thing is starting to cost me some money. But when I am done getting everything I want for it, it will be the ultimate rifle (for me) IMHO...

Next I will be ordering the 20" barrel and a nice scope and quick detach scope mount. I am still up in the air on what kind of scope to get. I am thinking that I really don't want to go any higher than $1200 to $1300 for the optic . I have been looking at a Trijicon AccuPoint 2.5-10x56 Riflescope, Mil-Dot Crosshair with Green Dot. Or I can go with Night force but the price jumps. Well this is still a little while before I make that decision. My gun funds are pretty low right now, but hopefully within the next couple of months.

That's enough rambling for now.

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I'M drooling. Very nice, congrats and looking foward to the video and report. Keep us posted
Old 08-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Was just informed by Candice at Tombstone Tactical that my LM308MWSE ships next week from Lewis Machine & Tool.

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That's good news. I'm sure you'll like it.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpawmark View Post
Was just informed by Candice at Tombstone Tactical that my LM308MWSE ships next week from Lewis Machine & Tool.

That's awesome, I'm sure you can't wait since you have already been waiting so long.
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 09-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

It arrives 9/1/2011/ I'll post pics hopefully next week!

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Very cool AR. It is awsome to watch how they change when new gear is added.

I will posting one with in the week.....

The Present is the instant flash of reality in which the ever approaching Future becomes the Past..................

The Constitution is my Caesar
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Here it is!

It finally arrived! Got the Burris Eliminator Laserscope mounted, Coyote tan sopmod, Ergo grip, Rail covers and Magpul MS2 sling. GG&G Bipod, Tango down forearm grip and Magpul Pmag with the WCI Titanium muzzle brake.

http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/...es/Snapbucket/

Last edited by Southpawmark; 09-05-2011 at 10:10 PM.