COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 05-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

nice shotguns....they are such great guns and under rated for home defense!! Nice job guys!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
nice shotguns....they are such great guns and under rated for home defense!! Nice job guys!
In my opinion they're under rated and under appreciated for police work as well.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:04 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Waits View Post
I'm not picking Cale, this is all stuff I learned in a Tactical Shotgun Course. The best way to run a Shotgun is on the K.I.S.S. principle, Keep It Simple Stupid!
I totally agree with you Dave, I was just being an . Well said, tho.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
In my opinion they're under rated and under appreciated for police work as well.
NO DOUBT!! Yeah, the black gun is taking over but the shotgun is a better tool. When a "bad guy" hears the racking of a shell in a shotgun its game over.....way under appreiated!!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I understand that Clint Smith says that a pistol is what you use to fight you're way back to the rifle you shouldn't have left. Wonder if that applies to shottys?
Old 05-05-2014, 06:15 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
NO DOUBT!! Yeah, the black gun is taking over but the shotgun is a better tool. When a "bad guy" hears the racking of a shell in a shotgun its game over.....way under appreiated!!
Actually a bad guy probably wouldn't know the difference in sound from a shottie racking to a lamp falling over. The old "rack the shotgun scares them away" myth is just that, a myth. Gun should be chambered anyway, if ya wanna scare a bad guy shoot at him. That MIGHT work, many thugs have no regard for human life, even their own. In that case, take a lesson from , shoot them till you ain't scared no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE2 View Post
I understand that Clint Smith says that a pistol is what you use to fight you're way back to the rifle you shouldn't have left. Wonder if that applies to shottys?
I would say that in personal(non-military) self(home) defense, any long gun.
Pistol rounds are actually piss poor for putting people down.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-05-2014, 12:43 PM
COTEP Member

We use this one for HD, adjustable stock for my youngest son. Door breacher points have been filed sharp. Loads are rifled slugs and OO Buck, handloaded hot.

[IMG][/IMG]

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Founding COTEP Member who is watching over us from above with God at a giant shooting range in heaven
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE2 View Post
, that was first uttered by Col. Jeff Cooper.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Actually a bad guy probably wouldn't know the difference in sound from a shottie racking to a lamp falling over. The old "rack the shotgun scares them away" myth is just that, a myth.
I'm sorry, sir, but I'm going to wholehearted disagree. I know from first hand experience that it does work.
When I was assigned to this particular task force we were designated to hit certain "hot spots". So one of the strategies I came up with was to bring the shotgun. I had it fully loaded with one in the breach, but open. As soon as I got out of the car I closed it. Trust me when I tell you they knew the sound and I've preempted a lot of pursuits that way. What they didn't know was that I couldn't shoot them if they ran. We also preempted a lot of them from going to their guns in their waist and took a lot of illegal guns of the street. Thank God!
I also got the unofficial nickname of "Officer Shotty" for a short period.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,292 Times in 337 Posts

Here's mine, it's an 870 clone, I just love it.