COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 01-25-2015, 01:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest View Post
Under LEOSA, being a retired hired gun, I have to qualify annually. Although it's a federal statute I have heard some stories about officers running into trouble in other states, like New York and New Jersey. In New Jersey Hollow Points are a felony and police officers aren't even allowed to have them (so I'm told). I read in P1 that an officer was arrested in New York when he was napping in a rest area and was carrying. I've never had an issue anywhere I went carrying nationwide, but then I carry concealed and unless one is acting like an a$$hole, who's to know you're packing? I always gave courtesy of the shield when dealing with out of state officers, because like me, I'm sure they've put bad people away who're looking to get revenge.
We can and do carry hollow points up until we retire. Once we retire we can longer carry them.
The threshold I use when people ask me what should they do is do what your state requires when you retire. You're' then, at a minimum, legally and civilly covered.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

You protect the public your whole career and when you retire you then become untrustworthy to carry hollow points. Reminds me of a Ted Kennedy statement when they were trying to pass LEOSA, "Well, we don't want these guys running around the country carrying bazookas." Seems like when you retire, nobody wants to know you anymore.
Kentucky Colonel
Retired Motor Officer
Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest View Post
You protect the public your whole career and when you retire you then become untrustworthy to carry hollow points. Reminds me of a Ted Kennedy statement when they were trying to pass LEOSA, "Well, we don't want these guys running around the country carrying bazookas." Seems like when you retire, nobody wants to know you anymore.
Yeap. I can make the same argument about people's rights. So someone that lives in Texas, Florida or states like those are treated like less of an American because they go or move to states like ours.
How is that fair?

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.

Last edited by BlackKnight; 01-25-2015 at 02:27 PM.