COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 04-04-2023, 08:18 PM
COTEP Member

ARRRRRGGGGHHHH! The kind of BS nonsense we will be facing in the future.

I got a text from my Mom, this afternoon. She's approaching 90 and was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer (she won't say what stage). I'm worried about whether or not she'll see her 90th Birthday in the 4th Qtr. of this year. You know what she's worried about?

Mom: <Family Nickname>, please don't carry your weapon on your person out of your house. I don't care what that Governor does.

Me: What the Gov. did has absolutely nothing to do with where or how *anyone* carries their weapon. All it did was eliminate the need for a license and training... two things I already have... And, two things I will maintain.

Had the Bill included "open carry" (which it did not), that might have made things a little different. Not for me, as my personal choice is never to open carry. Why give your advantage away?

Don't worry Mom. I know what I"m doing. Love you.

Mom: OK.

-------------------

Knowing Mom as I do, I probably did not persuade her to see things my way. I gather she just didn't feel like arguing it out. Anyway, as I'm sure you know by now, she is living in the PRNJ. Weird, because she used to own a pistol (not anymore). She shot with me once when I took her to my indoor range when I lived near Easton, PA.

But, if this is the kind of mentality/mindset with which we are dealing, we're in for a long road ahead. We have to fight hard... As Sebastian Gorka says, "Never Give in... Never Give up... Keep your head on a swivel... and STAY FROSTY!"