COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Old 07-19-2014, 11:08 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Great post, Franklin...Jeez, I remember your range when it was a cavern of a room with a pile of steel in it waiting to be assembled. Now you are in advanced training! I'm up for any type of training with firearms, need to make a trip to Jax and have some fun at your sandbox!
I agree, awesome post, and I too need to take the trip to see you Franklin, and your fine facility! Looking forward to trying to put some time aside and make it happen!
Old 07-19-2014, 06:25 PM
COTEP Member

I am a (retired) FATS instructor. Attended both levels of instruction at their facility in Atlanta back around 1998. FATS is extremely challenging. We spent big bucks for our system as we had the tethered weapons (Glock, Bushmaster) and OC spray and flashlight. I am sure the system has improved since those days. We also had specific senarios developed which did not come cheap. We also had our own home made FATS we could take to the range (thanks to John Reknor-NRA LE Instructor er) using a slide projector and large sheets of target paper..not as realistic, but damn good training, shooting duty weapons.

John CBOB0692
US Army (Retired) Jul 64-Feb 85
LIFE MEMBER, National Rifle Association
LIFE MEMBER, Disabled American Veterans