COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Old 07-20-2014, 12:48 PM
COTEP Member

Default Carrying concealed

We have many members here who are better shots than me, much better trained (guys like Hodawg were SWAT instructors). My claim to fame is I am very observant and I truly care...I like people...but I am a marginal instructor.
Below is our Facebook page. I put several videos of our Threat Focused Shooting and scenarios run. I also describe how to Threat Focus Shoot. Look at the fourth video. He starts at the hip and fires as he brings the gun up to shoulder point. There is no pause in fire and the bullets zip up the body. The drill was shown (taught) to me by Mr. Robin Brown. I am good enough to clean his gun. I then showed the drill to our SWAT team...who stole it and called it their own. the things we do are ripples on the water...let it be good!
Hope you find it interesting. Find a buddy and a range that allows practical shooting and practice practice practice.
I shoot weekly and am always amazed when new shooters are natural better than me...that is just wrong!
Franklin

https://m.facebook.com/BasicsRangeandGun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franklin For This Useful Post:
MPDC (07-20-2014), sdmc530 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

Franklin that is not what I hear about ..................

Old 07-20-2014, 02:13 PM
COTEP Member

Good share my friend. I hear you are a pretty fair shot but know you are a good friend and grill a mean steak!
COTEP #744
Old 07-20-2014, 02:31 PM
COTEP Member

Franklin...Great post....I follow your facebook, watch all the vids.....Someday I hope to be able to shoot defensively in a manner that will not embarrass me.....

Good on ya for giving Robin Brown creds. I dig that.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:04 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
I put several videos of our Threat Focused Shooting and scenarios run. I also describe how to Threat Focus Shoot. Look at the fourth video. He starts at the hip and fires as he brings the gun up to shoulder point. There is no pause in fire and the bullets zip up the body. The drill was shown (taught) to me by Mr. Robin Brown. I am good enough to clean his gun. I then showed the drill to our SWAT team...who stole it and called it their own. the things we do are ripples on the water...let it be good!
Hope you find it interesting. Find a buddy and a range that allows practical shooting and practice practice practice.
I shoot weekly and am always amazed when new shooters are natural better than me...that is just wrong!
The videos are great, Franklin. I am taking Brownie's Threat Focused Class in November. Really looking forward to it, but a bit concerned I may not have the stamina for 2 days, 1200-1500 rounds

And hoping it is not hot... I have trained several times with Terry & Will and get VERY overheated when it is hot.
COTEP #0749

I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now