COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #571  
Old 08-21-2022, 05:28 PM
Caleb's Avatar
Caleb Caleb is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 11,395
Thanks: 4,175
Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
those suck on so many levels, pain, dentist trips then paying for the damn thing!

Although of the two I have one was old school and my second was new tech. Was 3D printed same day...very cool.

Yeah, tech has come a long way. Still sucks tho, not looking forward to it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
**I have been Enlightened**
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 08-22-2022, 12:08 PM
FfNJGTFO's Avatar
FfNJGTFO FfNJGTFO is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,540
Thanks: 1,466
Thanked 198 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Yeah, tech has come a long way. Still sucks tho, not looking forward to it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that bad. I have several. Then again, my father was a dentist. I was just the rebellious child that had the nastiest mouth! Just make sure they use good anesthesia.


HVAC installed, today. Working very nicely!
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 08-22-2022, 12:09 PM
Caleb's Avatar
Caleb Caleb is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 11,395
Thanks: 4,175
Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Woohoo! Nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
**I have been Enlightened**
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 08-29-2022, 10:25 PM
FfNJGTFO's Avatar
FfNJGTFO FfNJGTFO is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,540
Thanks: 1,466
Thanked 198 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Believe it or not, I have an "AR" update. Thinking that certain "Alphabet" Agency that looks after "Firearms" was going to force retailers to make parts kits "serialized," (and thus require FFL background checks), I decided to get some orders in. Got everything in without any issues. I also snagged a couple of Anderson lowers for like $47.95. I have enough parts now to build up to four(4) ARs.



Stay tuned!
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 08-31-2022, 12:13 PM
Caleb's Avatar
Caleb Caleb is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 11,395
Thanks: 4,175
Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Only 4?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
**I have been Enlightened**
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 09-04-2022, 04:12 PM
FfNJGTFO's Avatar
FfNJGTFO FfNJGTFO is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,540
Thanks: 1,466
Thanked 198 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Only 4?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna be all I can do to keep three of those properly secured. If, at some point, I go ahead and enclose my sun porch to get more climate controlled square footage, then I'll consider a full sized safe. We'll see.
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 09-07-2022, 08:57 AM
FfNJGTFO's Avatar
FfNJGTFO FfNJGTFO is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,540
Thanks: 1,466
Thanked 198 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Went on an Ammo run this morning. I found during my weekly check that some prices were coming down.



I was able to score the following:


1) BULLETS 1ST: .308 WIN 175 GR SIERRA MATCH KING - 400 CT $376.00 per 400 rnds

2) CCI Standard Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round $65 per 1000 rounds.


3) 9MM 147GR Federal Premium Tactical HST JHP $159.80 for 200 rounds (didn't need so much of that as it's only for actual HD/SD and I have a ton of 9mm 115 luger for practice.



4) Federal American Eagle Ammunition - 45 Auto - 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket - 100 Rounds - Brass Case 7 cases for $342.65/


That should hold me for a bit.



All that remains now is cleaning up on some parts for the ARs that were "out of stock," including:


1) Armalite "Triangular" HG Caps. caleb We may have to pick a different cap as I can't find these anywhere, now. Hopefully, not permanently discontinued.


2) Magpul MOE Carbine Stock. I can get those one the Magpul website itself, but for $7.00 more than my regular supplier. If I get desperate, then perhaps, but I can wait.




All is well here. I have Jury duty Voir dire in another 2 week but, we'll see.
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 09-14-2022, 08:30 AM
FfNJGTFO's Avatar
FfNJGTFO FfNJGTFO is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,540
Thanks: 1,466
Thanked 198 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
Went on an Ammo run this morning. I found during my weekly check that some prices were coming down.



I was able to score the following:


1) BULLETS 1ST: .308 WIN 175 GR SIERRA MATCH KING - 400 CT $376.00 per 400 rnds

2) CCI Standard Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round $65 per 1000 rounds.


3) 9MM 147GR Federal Premium Tactical HST JHP $159.80 for 200 rounds (didn't need so much of that as it's only for actual HD/SD and I have a ton of 9mm 115 luger for practice.



4) Federal American Eagle Ammunition - 45 Auto - 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket - 100 Rounds - Brass Case 7 cases for $342.65/


That should hold me for a bit.



All that remains now is cleaning up on some parts for the ARs that were "out of stock," including:


1) Armalite "Triangular" HG Caps. caleb We may have to pick a different cap as I can't find these anywhere, now. Hopefully, not permanently discontinued.


2) Magpul MOE Carbine Stock. I can get those one the Magpul website itself, but for $7.00 more than my regular supplier. If I get desperate, then perhaps, but I can wait.




All is well here. I have Jury duty Voir dire in another 2 week but, we'll see.

All the ammo orders above have been shipped. One is still in transit (expected Fri), but the others already received. Those three that I received shipped in one day!


Also, the above two parts items that were missing have been ordered and shipped. I ordered the stocks from Magpul directly, (and therefore had to pay full price for them, but...). They should also be arriving shortly.



Having done my weekly price check on ammo this morning, I saw AE .45acp 230 grain was down to .43 per round for a 1000 round box.



I got one. Hopefully, they haven't implemented the MCC ammo code yet! Might be the last batch I can get before that happens!
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 09-17-2022, 12:05 PM
FfNJGTFO's Avatar
FfNJGTFO FfNJGTFO is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Posts: 1,540
Thanks: 1,466
Thanked 198 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
All the ammo orders above have been shipped. One is still in transit (expected Fri), but the others already received. Those three that I received shipped in one day!


Also, the above two parts items that were missing have been ordered and shipped. I ordered the stocks from Magpul directly, (and therefore had to pay full price for them, but...). They should also be arriving shortly.



Having done my weekly price check on ammo this morning, I saw AE .45acp 230 grain was down to .43 per round for a 1000 round box.



I got one. Hopefully, they haven't implemented the MCC ammo code yet! Might be the last batch I can get before that happens!

All inventory now received. Now, we'll wait and see what happens with those MCC codes.


Special thanks to:


1) US Armorment - 1 day shipping and had inventory in stock. Shipped from Bensalem, PA.



2) Bone Frog Gun club - 1 day shipping - for my Federal 9mm 147Gr HST.


3) Miwall Corp. - 700 rnds, .45acp - 3 day shipping.


4) Exammo - .22LR 1000 Rnds same day shipping


Excellent Experience with all.






3)
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 09-26-2022, 08:30 PM
Caleb's Avatar
Caleb Caleb is offline
COTEP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 11,395
Thanks: 4,175
Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default

Glad you received all your orders! You should be set for a little while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
**I have been Enlightened**
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.