COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2020, 03:09 PM
COTEP Member

Default Back from Pigeon Forge

Back from a week and change vacation in Pigeon Forge TN with the whole family. We had a really nice, large cabin on the side of a beautiful mountain in the Great ys.

While there, my daughter's BF (E-6 SO with 8 years and 3 deployments) visited while driving back to Hampton Roads from Indiana where he was attending the SEAL sniper course. It was our first opportunity to meet him. He seemed like a solid guy - I liked him.

He brought back with him his DMR in 5.56 with Leupold glass, and a big old suppressor, as well as several kinds of night vision.

We had a great time shooting at some targets down the mountain at about 200 yds. The suppressor was pretty cool. No ears required, but still reasonably loud. I had never shot a DMR, and though I'd love to have one, they go for a pretty price.

Anyway, I'm back.

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boats For This Useful Post:
BlackKnight (09-27-2020), Caleb (09-27-2020), DaFadda (09-30-2020), FfNJGTFO (09-27-2020), Rick McC. (10-01-2020)