COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 08:59 AM
COTEP Member

Default Cruz Sent Packing

So Ted Cruz decided to not endorse Trump last night in his speech at the RNC. Personally, I liked Cruz in the primaries. I did not vote for him as he was going to lose anyway so I supported the leader and obvious "to be" victor, Trump. I prefer a Constitutionalist over any party candidate, but Cruz broke stride, and broke the written vow he signed. He has died to me. I always have allowed for mistakes as I am far from perfect, but this was blatant disregard for Republican Americans across the country. The RNC is a place to unify Republicans and Cruz not endorsing Trump left a void as he had the second highest vote count in the primaries. Politicians like Cruz help divide the Republican party, and will help Hillary gain momentum towards victory.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
The Following User Says Thank You to milkmanjoe For This Useful Post:
Gatorade (07-24-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 10:01 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
So Ted Cruz decided to not endorse Trump last night in his speech at the RNC. Personally, I liked Cruz in the primaries. I did not vote for him as he was going to lose anyway so I supported the leader and obvious "to be" victor, Trump. I prefer a Constitutionalist over any party candidate, but Cruz broke stride, and broke the written vow he signed. He has died to me. I always have allowed for mistakes as I am far from perfect, but this was blatant disregard for Republican Americans across the country. The RNC is a place to unify Republicans and Cruz not endorsing Trump left a void as he had the second highest vote count in the primaries. Politicians like Cruz help divide the Republican party, and will help Hillary gain momentum towards victory.
Cruz gave a news conference this morning in front of the Texas delegation, and he didn't let up. He Trippled down on what he said at the RNC last night. He's still upset about how Trump attacked his wife and father. I'm not sure if Cruz will survive this, politically. I have to agree. he's done.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:11 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
Cruz gave a news conference this morning in front of the Texas delegation, and he didn't let up. He Trippled down on what he said at the RNC last night. He's still upset about how Trump attacked his wife and father. I'm not sure if Cruz will survive this, politically. I have to agree. he's done.

I watched him on FOX too...He can go to hell. There is nothing personal about endorsing your party's candidate, so Cruz should be able to draw a line between personal and politics. Cruz made this a personal issue, and stabbed us and the Republican party while doing so. No news station is talking about the RNC, the stories are about Cruz. None of it is good. I have an opening for a guy to put the blue discs in urinals at one of my companies. I am going to send Cruz an application.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:55 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

What a sell out...... Good way to turn your back on your fellow Republicans.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:07 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I was a Cruz supporter. NO CLASS! See ya Ted. Yes he is my Senator.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 07-21-2016, 12:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I was a Cruz supporter. NO CLASS! See ya Ted. Yes he is my Senator.
Some of the media pundits are speculating now that Cruz is betting on Trump to lose... and lose big... which would set him (Cruz) up for 2020. If Trump loses by a small margin, then they can claim it was because the full GOP party didn't do their duty and support him.

Most interesting..... <Hey, we need a popcorn icon>
Old 07-21-2016, 02:22 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Some of the media pundits are speculating now that Cruz is betting on Trump to lose... and lose big... which would set him (Cruz) up for 2020. If Trump loses by a small margin, then they can claim it was because the full GOP party didn't do their duty and support him.

Most interesting..... <Hey, we need a popcorn icon>

Yup....if Trump were to lose big Cruz could say he had nothing to do with it. If Trump loses small, or WINS, Cruz is finished.

Cruz is a scumbag betting against Republicans.

If you like Michael Moore or not(I despise him).....this is cool....

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/21/mi...-going-to-win/

Old 07-21-2016, 04:15 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Yup....if Trump were to lose big Cruz could say he had nothing to do with it. If Trump loses small, or WINS, Cruz is finished.

Cruz is a scumbag betting against Republicans.

If you like Michael Moore or not(I despise him).....this is cool....

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/21/mi...-going-to-win/
I did see this and, no, I can't stand Michael Moore. But this may be a tactical move on his part. I think when either side wants to keep their "faithful" engaged, enraged, and ready to do battle, they'll say things like, "I think the <other side> is going to win." I noticed FNC, for example, showing all these ABC/WAPO news polls showing the Hildebeast "ahead...", etc. to keep the faithful conservatives stoked up. If all they do is say "Trump is ahead/Trump is going to win," etc., then maybe the faithful will start to get complacent and not go to the polls to vote.

Gotta keep that pressure on!
Old 07-21-2016, 07:41 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
I did see this and, no, I can't stand Michael Moore. But this may be a tactical move on his part. I think when either side wants to keep their "faithful" engaged, enraged, and ready to do battle, they'll say things like, "I think the <other side> is going to win." I noticed FNC, for example, showing all these ABC/WAPO news polls showing the Hildebeast "ahead...", etc. to keep the faithful conservatives stoked up. If all they do is say "Trump is ahead/Trump is going to win," etc., then maybe the faithful will start to get complacent and not go to the polls to vote.

Gotta keep that pressure on!
Agreed......they keep asking what Trump can do to win Florida and he is leading Hillary already.....lotsa hype

Old 07-23-2016, 05:40 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

so Cruz didn't honor his pledge to endorse the republican candidate. my God! must be the first time a politician has ever done something like that!

i'll admit it would have been better if he had endorsed Trump but I don't blame him for not doing so. if it were you up there and Trump said the same things to you and your family in public and who knows what in private are you telling me you could easily go out there and start kissing Trumps ass like all those other spineless politicians just because he's the chosen one? at no point you wouldn't take it personally?

Cruz is pretty smart and knew full well what he was getting into when he decided not to back Trump. least he has the balls to stand his ground.

none of it matters anyway because as a country we're screwed either way. Trump is our Obama and if he does get elected he's just going to do whatever he wants. which considering he and his family are actually democrats means probably more of what we've had for the past 8 years.

he'll get my vote but only because he is the lesser of two evils. I'd rather smear my d*ck in honey and stick it down a badger hole than give Hillary my support.
Closed Thread