COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols > Sig

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2015, 06:58 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default An unreasonable and irrational passion.....

Ever since they came out, I've had the ongoing love affair with the SIG GSR, the original, first run, notorious, infamous, GSR. In spite of all the reported issues, many of which I think were blown out of proportion (that's the addiction talking there), I've loved the gun.

There was a brief separation. I sold my first one which I bought early on for around $750 when they were going for $1100. I sold it because I had better, more traditional 1911s (like my 2008 Valor). However, in 2013, we reconciled and I bought another one with a lower serial number than my first one, then I bought another with a sub-600 serial number. I bought them because I remembered how much I like shooting the gun. The sub-600 guns had a different frame. I thought originally they were all Caspian guns, and later guns were not. I've found out though that both of mine were likely all Caspian frame and slide. I base this on the Caspian XR frames I've seen online. However, information from SIG is minimal. Those that know don't talk. Perhaps GGI will be able to tell me.

Both of these have been shipped to GGI for evaluation. The chosen one will undergo a facelift, perhaps a bit more. GGI will bring it into spec and make sure any manufacturing issues are dealt with. We'll see what happens. It will likely be a long, long process. We'll see how it goes.
COTEP CBOB #289

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it".

Last edited by dwsmithjr; 01-04-2015 at 07:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dwsmithjr For This Useful Post:
sdmc530 (02-13-2015)

Tags
custom, ggi, gsr