COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Honor, Duty, Country

Old 04-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Which Veteran Organizations Do You Donate To?

I'm a sucker for veterans. (Yeah, I know. There's a joke in there.)
Anyway, I'm regular contributor to Toys for Tots and used to for the Wounded Warrior Project until I read somewhere where they were doing some underhanded stuff.
So, I'm sitting here watching drag racing and one of the drivers was talking about Infinite Hero.
My question is two fold. Have anyone heard of Infinite Hero? If so, any good?
Also, if you donate, what programs do you donate to or feel is a worthwhile cause for our veterans.
Thank you.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackKnight For This Useful Post:
Caleb (04-27-2014), NAMVET72 (04-26-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

American Legion, VFW, and the same ones you Do................

Old 04-26-2014, 10:54 PM
COTEP Member

I keep a 10 acre parcel w house up in SC that is regularly used by Marines to take a break from Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station and a few from Parris Island. We also throw Marine Appreciation Day, four kegs beer, 400 hot dogs, 400 hamburgers and a huge two day bonfire in our horse pasture. Marines, Marine wives and children have alot of fun. We shoot before the booze is opened, then everybody turns on the same country station on their truck radio in the horse pasture, we light the fire and cook and drink. I like to see my money enjoyed, so I keep it personal. Goes from Saturday at noon to Sunday whenever they head back towards base to ready for Monday.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
I keep a 10 acre parcel w house up in SC that is regularly used by Marines to take a break from Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station and a few from Parris Island. We also throw Marine Appreciation Day, four kegs beer, 400 hot dogs, 400 hamburgers and a huge two day bonfire in our horse pasture. Marines, Marine wives and children have alot of fun. We shoot before the booze is opened, then everybody turns on the same country station on their truck radio in the horse pasture, we light the fire and cook and drink. I like to see my money enjoyed, so I keep it personal. Goes from Saturday at noon to Sunday whenever they head back towards base to ready for Monday.
That is awesome!

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:28 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
That is awesome!
Actually, I consider it selfish on my part. When I graduated high school in 1976 it was the one year where zero registration was available. No draft, no registering with the Post Office...nothing. Groups of us went to Passaic, NJ, to sign on and get out of "Small Town, USA". (Wallington, NJ) At that time we were all turned away, told the Military was downsizing as Vietnam was kaput. I was also told as I was the son of a farmer and the only way I would be taken was in a time of national emergency. So I moved on to trade school and did well in high pressure boilers and air conditioning. Not one kid from my school from years before 1976 to years after served in the Military, yet later in life I learned that men and women were still able to enlist, just not from our area. Maybe other areas too, I don't know. My hometown has multiple War Memorials, a strong Military history for a square mile town, but not after a few were killed in Vietnam. Those men were five or six years older than I. A few came home and committed suicide. I could drone on and on, but instead I give Marines a safe haven, an open phone line, and my wife goes into town to Food Lion and walks up to Military wives and instructs them to "shop away", today's groceries are a Thank You gift. I don't feel guilty that I didn't get to serve, that is long gone, but it is self serving to feel good helping those that did or are serving. So I am selfishly being nice, sharing, if that makes sense.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 04-27-2014, 07:30 AM
COTEP Member

That's incredible Joe. I'm in awe.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

VFW....the one my dad is involved in....
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
So I am selfishly being nice, sharing, if that makes sense.
Not selfish at all. What you're doing is generous and gracious. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
So, I'm sitting here watching drag racing and one of the drivers was talking about Infinite Hero.
My question is two fold. Have anyone heard of Infinite Hero? If so, any good?
I hadn't heard of them, but they're only a couple of years old.

Because my mother-in-law has a bit of old age dementia, she's a sucker for charity causes. I've been helping my wife sort out the good from the bad by reading their financials (IRS 990 forms). Interesting reading if you're unsure about whom to donate towards. That said, I've just looked at Infinite Hero's 2012 990, and it looks good.

IH's funding comes primarily from a trademark licensing royalty with Oakley. They give monetary grants to other organizations, and none of the board members take any salary. The organizations they have given grants to look legit. Totally the opposite of Wounded Warrior in my opinion.

Randall
Old 04-27-2014, 10:32 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I was giving to Wounded Warriors but, but now I will have to research what'sgoing on with them.

Joe, you are a good man....much respect, Sir.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Actually, I consider it selfish on my part. When I graduated high school in 1976 it was the one year where zero registration was available. No draft, no registering with the Post Office...nothing. Groups of us went to Passaic, NJ, to sign on and get out of "Small Town, USA". (Wallington, NJ) At that time we were all turned away, told the Military was downsizing as Vietnam was kaput. I was also told as I was the son of a farmer and the only way I would be taken was in a time of national emergency. So I moved on to trade school and did well in high pressure boilers and air conditioning. Not one kid from my school from years before 1976 to years after served in the Military, yet later in life I learned that men and women were still able to enlist, just not from our area. Maybe other areas too, I don't know. My hometown has multiple War Memorials, a strong Military history for a square mile town, but not after a few were killed in Vietnam. Those men were five or six years older than I. A few came home and committed suicide. I could drone on and on, but instead I give Marines a safe haven, an open phone line, and my wife goes into town to Food Lion and walks up to Military wives and instructs them to "shop away", today's groceries are a Thank You gift. I don't feel guilty that I didn't get to serve, that is long gone, but it is self serving to feel good helping those that did or are serving. So I am selfishly being nice, sharing, if that makes sense.
I was living in Paterson in '76. Anyway, I know about guilt, but that's for another time. I don't think in your case you have anything to worry about.
For every thousands of people that jut talk about supporting the military you actually live it. I applaud you, sir.