COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

So do I bore with back story? You said 30yds right??
If you're in to smithing a little this setup has been running for a while now with one of my mad engineering group buddies. He lives on a lake has a beaver/otter/ vermit problem. The issue isn't the vermit killin as much as the shrub huggin neighbors. With a 22 he runs the risk of Billy beaver getting off in to one of the neighbors yards and flopping around in the old ladies pansy patch... Just won't go over well.

We enjoy playing with the AR platform and 80%'s. We got ahold of a 16" upper in 45acp, blow back type not gas operated. Modified a lower to use an 18 round 1911 mag. It worked ok, not real smooth or reliable, but worked. We since moved to grease gun mags and with a little tuning DAMN!!! Pretty quiet for what we're doing too. We running out to100yds!

We are now exploring a 10" version w/muffler or un pinned flash suppressor.
I ran into this scope at a gun show and got a couple to screw with. I'm surprised and pleased with them. 3 color LED mil-dot 1-4x 28. With a little work and hunting around you can put the basics together for around $1100. A real ass kicker for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/SNIPER-Tactic.../dp/B008PXIX08

http://www.rmwxtreme.com/

If you're going to a show look around for a completed lower for grease gun mags they're starting to show up now.

We are also looking in to the oil filter muffler, for when stealth is a must.

COTEP 439
Old 03-23-2017, 12:17 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Don't eat em. They do carry Hanson's disease (leprosy) as well as a few other nasties. If you've got horses or cattle, you don't want 'dillos.

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
What do they taste like cooked on a spit?
The taste is between pork and rabbit - clean white meat like pork loin. Cooked there is no danger, just cook it like pork. Cleaning them is where you have to be careful (use nitrile gloves)

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 03-23-2017, 11:37 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
The taste is between pork and rabbit - clean white meat like pork loin. Cooked there is no danger, just cook it like pork. Cleaning them is where you have to be careful (use nitrile gloves)
When I ate Armadillo I thought it tasted like chicken, but I was young. Later as I ate more variety I thought it tasted more like rabbit.

Tags
22lr, night vision, varmint