COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 03-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

It's probably more about the owners than the car itself. Let's face it, someone who buys a car because they think they are saving the planet, and makes sure it is the FUGLIEST car on the road just so everyone will recognize it and know that the driver is a superior being and is looking down on the rest of us mere mortals...well, you get the rest...

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 03-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
I don't get the hate on the Prius. Whatever happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness if happiness is a Prius? If your happiness is an F350 rolling coal then roll on 'Murica! My happiness is driving my Insight and saving a ton of money on gas and insurance.

I have a Pilot and an Insight which is a close cousin (a much better looking cousin) of the Prius. I used to have a 325i that got 24 mpg and was paid for. I sold it, leased the Insight for $200/month. I lived in Miami and drove 50 miles to work 5 days a week. Gas was &4/gal. The Insight got 45-47mpg. So I was saving $8-9 a day in gas which was real close to the car payment. So essentially the car paid for itself in fuel savings. End of the lease I walked in and paid it off in cash. Best decision ever. 10 gallon fuel tank gets filled up once every 2-3 weeks. Then when you add the gas card coupon Publix runs every month that saves $10 off a $50 gas card our monthly gas bill for both cars is between $80-$100 a month. That may be a weeks worth of fuel for some of the trucks out there. Love my Insight, and more power to being able to have the freedom to pick whatever car/truck/motorcycle you want! That is MAGA!
Kudos for conserving. Do you drive 5-7 mph slower that the rest of the traffic (in the fast lane when possible) because you think you’re entitled to dictate to the rest of us how fast we get down the freeway? No probably not. Do you merge on to the freeway at 40-45 straight to the fast lane and then tap the brakes so we all are sure not miss the fact that you and your FugglyAzz Prius are now on the road.
Then have the unmitigated gall to glare at the drivers passing you on the right??

I can honestly say I’ve never had a driver in an S500 pull this crap.

When gas hit 4 bucks a gallon we to adjusted, swapped the M3 for a 323ci. Moved from 15-19 to 29-34 mpg and moved 20 miles closer to work. (That wasn’t the real reason, mama wanted pony property…) and it happen to be closer. No more M but still have a Beemer and it’s fun to drive. I can run the I5 corridor from Tacoma to Redding on a tank of gas (If I behave) in 8 hours and feel like I drove and not like I’ve been on a hamster wheel all day.
The point is, it doesn’t matter what you drive as long as you apply the laws of common courtesy and sense. Keep right except to pass, if you’re passing everything in sight then stay left. Merge into an open spot in traffic don’t make traffic move for you whenever possible and we’ll all get along fine.

That being said… To the 50 year old cottage cheese ass’d 3rd grade teacher in the red Prius. The next time you get on the freeway and just have to have the spot where my truck and trailer are. Then slow me down 10 mph on a hill because you think it’s too windy on my horses to go 60 with everybody else.” I WILL run you and your little red PIOUS over!” And park my 8800 pound Dodge RAM dually on your cheesy AZZ!

Fair warning has been issued.

COTEP 439
Old 03-24-2017, 01:49 PM
COTEP Member

Hell no, I don't drive like that! I will run anyone off the road who drives like a self entitled prick no matter what you drive!

Also remember ther are always bigger fish in the sea.

That was a Chevy Silverado Crew Cab that decided he needed to drive like a self-absorbed prick. Stupid know no boundaries or cares what you drive.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:52 PM
COTEP Member

I also love the double takes I get when the little blue Insight flys by and people notice the NRA stickers on the back! Wha?!??
Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Hell no, I don't drive like that! I will run anyone off the road who drives like a self entitled prick no matter what you drive!

Also remember ther are always bigger fish in the sea.

That was a Chevy Silverado Crew Cab that decided he needed to drive like a self-absorbed prick. Stupid know no boundaries or cares what you drive.
Paint it red, stuff lil' Miss lumpy AZZ in there and i'll be a real happy camper!

COTEP 439
Old 03-25-2017, 07:24 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:

Damn, just think what that would look like if it wasn't a full size vehicle .... jeez.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
Damn, just think what that would look like if it wasn't a full size vehicle .... jeez.
LOOK!! The airbag woked!!

Just say'in...

COTEP 439