COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 09-01-2015, 10:04 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
An older PSE.
You can get a VERY nice compound bow in the $300+ price range, look at some of the package deals out there.
Thanks Rich, much appreciated.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGator View Post
No one has answered his question. He wants our opinion on whether he needs "professional help."
Yes!!!!!!

I prefer the long bow. I shoot them all. I like the long bow because they are much quicker than a compound and a whole lot faster than a cross bow.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 09-02-2015, 08:30 AM
COTEP Member

My kids took lessons at a place in Delray that just closed. One of the employees said he is re-opening as the old owners have moved back to Montana. If we get a re-opening notice I'll let ya know. The instructor was REAL good, I hope he re-opens. My daughter and older son are deadly with bows. At 25 yards they'll hit a heart size object over and over.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:56 AM
COTEP Member

Sounds good Joe, let me know.

Gator guns does have three(?) lanes, I believe. I will check them out. Actually found out that Gander Mountain and Dicks also have lanes.

I'm going to look for a bow in the $300 to $500 range to start. I don't want to dig too deep in case I don't care for the sport. unlikely but, we'll see.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:10 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
Sounds good Joe, let me know.

Gator guns does have three(?) lanes, I believe. I will check them out. Actually found out that Gander Mountain and Dicks also have lanes.

I'm going to look for a bow in the $300 to $500 range to start. I don't want to dig too deep in case I don't care for the sport. unlikely but, we'll see.

We got lucky....bought bows at the closeout....bought a BUNCH of stuff...under $250.00 bows and all.... I hear gator has a good instructor, but too far for me.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 09-02-2015, 10:27 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
We got lucky....bought bows at the closeout....bought a BUNCH of stuff...under $250.00 bows and all.... I hear gator has a good instructor, but too far for me.
Wow, That's a steal.

Gator is off of Okeechobee and Military, not too far from me. After vacation, I'll check them out.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:59 AM
COTEP Member

BttBBob instructs at Gators. He is an outstanding firearms instructor, but not sure whether he teaches archery.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:21 PM
COTEP Member

Gator Gun and Archery has two of the best instructors in the state also, David Taylor is a State Champ and Larry is also a tournament ASA Instructor...Good people.
- Samuel Adams
Old 09-02-2015, 12:45 PM
COTEP Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttbbob View Post
Gator Gun and Archery has two of the best instructors in the state also, David Taylor is a State Champ and Larry is also a tournament ASA Instructor...Good people.
There ya go, I think I'd stop by there and talk with those gents - pick their brain and get some suggestions, etc.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:11 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttbbob View Post

For members who don't know, Bob gives NRA classes at Gator, knows everyone there and bow hunts himself. He knows Gator better than anyone else I know. His endorsement is solid with me.