COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Wheel Guns

Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts
Exclamation New Dan Wesson .357 Magnum's for Sale!

I just saw that Cove Creek is selling NEW Dan Wesson Revolvers!!!!
.357 Magnum, 6" Stainless Steel
http://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/g...7-mag-revolver
Anyone here know about this?
I KNOW that DW used to make the Finest Large Frame Revolvers!
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Dan Wesson/CZ announced about a year ago that the Model 715 Stainless .357 Magnum would be re-introduced. They are now in gunshops in the 6" VH (Vent Heavy) configuration only, there are not yet any Pistol Packs or other barrel configurations. I am a longtime DW revolver shooter, and I own several of the original Monson 715's.

I recently handled one of the new ones, it has an outstanding stainless finish, fit and function seems very good, it is a very faithful re-introduction of the classic DW revolver. It's also EXPENSIVE, the one I saw was $1068, and that was about $200 below MSRP. Dan Wesson/CZ has maintained parts and service for the original DW design, and this new one appears to be a very refined, classy continuation of the design.

The 715 is (and always has been) their Small Frame. The .41 and .44 were Large Frame, and the SuperMags were a stretched Large Frame. DW revolver accuracy has always been due largely to the tensioned barrel design and the cylinder latch housed on the crane, no reason to think that the accuracy has changed since none of the design changed.

Last edited by Steve CT; 02-19-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve CT View Post
Dan Wesson/CZ announced about a year ago that the Model 715 Stainless .357 Magnum would be re-introduced. They are now in gunshops in the 6" VH (Vent Heavy) configuration only, there are not yet any Pistol Packs or other barrel configurations. I am a longtime DW revolver shooter, and I own several of the original Monson 715's.

I recently handled one of the new ones, it has an outstanding stainless finish, fit and function seems very good, it is a very faithful re-introduction of the classic DW revolver. It's also EXPENSIVE, the one I saw was $1068, and that was about $200 below MSRP. Dan Wesson/CZ has maintained parts and service for the original DW design, and this new one appears to be a very refined, classy continuation of the design.

The 715 is (and always has been) their Small Frame. The .41 and .44 were Large Frame, and the SuperMags were a stretched Large Frame. DW revolver accuracy has always been due largely to the tensioned barrel design and the cylinder latch housed on the crane, no reason to think that the accuracy has changed since none of the design changed.
This is a good thing!
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Will there be a four-inch version?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That is good to know!!

I still have an original DW 715 and it is dead on. They are probably the most accurate revolver due to the fact that the barrel is under tension at both ends!!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I like 'em. Just a bit pricey IMHO.

Jim